As Always...Lovin' my 105VR

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by dutchtrumpet, Aug 9, 2008.

1. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    Comments welcome :)

[​IMG]

2. cute shots
    nice lens
    thanks for sharing

3. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    Thanks for commenting on both. I appreciate your nice words!

4. panda81

panda81

Feb 7, 2008
    Texas
    i think i like this shot as a photographer, but not as a potential client. i really wouldn't want a ring photo from my wedding that includes the reflection of the photographer.

it's funny that the rings are mixed in with jelly beans though. any stories to go with that?

5. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    She actually loved it. The jelly beans were on there candy table and the sapphires in the rings have special meaning to them. The blue of the candy that they brought beings them out. I'll PS out myself before they get the image.

That's the problem with this lens. Even the reflections are perfect!:eek:

6. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    Propped on a rail at 1/13 sec...

[​IMG]

7. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Two nice images here. A chance with the 105VR is probabally the one thing that could unsettle my love for my Sigma 105mm.

8. Well its a good thing if the clients like it.

Personally the image dont do anything for me, that offcourse has more to do with the fact that i dont get the picture, and that the lightning and composition isnt my cup of tea, then any reservations i have for the lens.(wich i have tough)

For the "subject" i prefer a much warmer image, with more focus on the rings (shallow dof)

Kindest

9. kays

kays

Aug 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Dutchtrumpet -
    I like your shots - always loved the keyboard.

My question is your experience with the 105 vr - I've read that the vr is less and less useful the closer the subject is - as in macro. Do you find the vr to be particularly useful on shoth like you have displayed? A friend (computer-phobic) has been eyeing the lens, and we know the VR willbe quite useful at "normal" working distances. Would another macro do as well close up?

10. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    Fair enough:smile:

Beauty (as always) is in the eye of the beholder. I shot with a little more depth of field so they could see the (b)ride's ring is on B and the (g)room's ring is on G. Something for their strong musical background.

Here is another take...maybe I'll get one you like:wink:

[​IMG]

and one more...

[​IMG]

11. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    Thank you! I do find the VR useful when doing fast paced grabs of close shots at events. I do find it useful up close...just not as much as at distance. I try to use my tripod whenever possible though.

12. Yes those looks alot better to me, nice.

13. jcougowl

jcougowl

Apr 19, 2008
    Seattle
    hand held?

14. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    yep

15. reminds me

It reminds me of that tea kettle on eBay a little while ago :wink: