As I Lay Here...

It's about 59* out and the smell coming through the door and windows is the best thing I have ever smelled in my life, to date :biggrin: The orange trees are blooming! If this stuff could only be bottled.

Yep, cool nights, warm days, orange blossom in the air, daylight saving time soon and raptors/birds having babies... Could this get any better :wink:

Just thought I'd share :biggrin: Life is good :cool:

It's 72 here tonight...just a beautiful night in Southeast Texas.

Last night I heard a thud coming from my living room picture window. I turned on the light (back patio)...only to see a baby owl looking straight at me...a little dazed and confused, but she looked right at me, turned and flew off. Wow...I was literally 3 feet from her, the only thing separating us was the glass window. She was a beauty. I hope she was ok...it was a hard thud on that window.

Well, the temps are a bit chillier this far north but I do see signs of spring. On the edge of a pile of melting snow, I saw green - bright green - spring green! The sun is stronger, the skies are robin egg-blue and the sap is dripping from the maple tree out back (onto my truck!). We have four very distinct seasons here but at least our summers are delightfully tolerable. I can hear the birds chirping in the early hours now... they fall silent in the dead of winter. My heart skips beats on spring days. To see full buds on the maples, to see the golden buds on willow trees, and the best moment of my year: to hear my first robin's song! This tells me that spring has once again returned to my life and all is well with the world. (Can you guess that I was a spring baby?? LOL) I then get to venture forth and photograph all the 4,000 shades of green that you can only find in Spring, glorious Spring!

Real Name
Ken St John
Y'all are KILLING me!! Here's 9AM this morning out my front door ...

p391928222-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It wouldn't bother me so much, but this is almost EXACTLY what it looked like 70% of the time last summer!!

I'm REALLY looking forward to some sunny days this spring/summer!!

Cheers!!

Ken

Oh, does it get sunny down in Tacoma in the summer? Cause up here in Seattle it doesn't. Come to think of it, I don't think they have summers up here in Seattle. I wear an undershirt, a shirt and a hoodie almost all year here.

We are blessed in South Florida. This time of year I see lots of new green, still some birds in the Everglades, plenty of flowers and days in the upper 70's with cool nights.
Very soon it will be hot and humid with the occasional hurricane coming by, usually in August and September.
South Florida is a good place to spend some time during our winter but too hot in summer with frequent rain pours and thunderstorms.
I do not want anyone to hate me for living here!

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

I do not want anyone to hate me for living here!

Agreed, William. Each and every place has its benefits and drawbacks. I hate the long winters with such a passion but then again, there is no brutal heat in the summer to make me hug an AC unit, we don't have hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, flooding, dust storms, etc. I enjoy a stable economy, a fantastic banking system and a wonderful country to view. We're all lucky in our own ways.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom