As of today I'm...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Radiohead, Jul 11, 2008.

1. .....fully professional.

I got made redundant this week and it's now 100% photography for me.

Wish me luck.

2. Luck! And have a whale of a time following your passion!

3. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Sorry about your redundancy, but good luck on your new career! Knock 'em dead!

4. Now you can join NPS and spend all the money you don't have on equipment - going directly to the front of the queue.

Redundnacy really sucks - it happened to me about 14 years ago - but it is survivable. Good luck

5. Good luck, Guy. You've got the talent to make it work!

6. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    It's things like that that will only push you to be better at what you do and make you want to suceed even more ! Good luck with that mate :wink:

7. artona

artona

Jul 9, 2008
    UK
    Hi Guy

Everyday in the UK we are are hearing of redundancy. Its great that you have something to step straight into. Hope it works well

stew

8. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    Sorry to hear about the redundancy, but as my Mom always said "Everything happens for a reason". You may not see it now, but this may be the best thing for you. Do you get some sort of what we call "unemployment insurance" in the UK? When I got sick, I had to retire on disability compensation, and now I'm free to pursue my photography. So things worked out for the best.

If you can get a hold of a copy of April 2008 Outdoor Photographer, there is a super article called "Second Career: Living The Dream". I'm not sure if they have it online or maybe you could try the library. If not, let me know and I'll scan it and email it to you.

Lots of LUCK!
    Carole

9. Thanks all - I come away with 3 months salary and we're good for 4-5 months beyond that assuming no other income beyond today's. I'm hopeful I can step off the corporate treadmill and if it doesn't work then at least I tried. I was made redundant in 2000 and didn't have an alternative then, but now I do.

I'd be grateful for that article Carole.

10. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Good luck to you!

11. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

12. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    Best wishes on whatever your future holds. You seem to have a positive attitude about it, which is great.

13. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    Ok, I'll scan it later today and PM you when I have it done :)

Carole

14. A second thought: redundant literally means here being 2 of you! So, let your alter ego do the drudge at work, and you have all the fun!
    Cheers.

15. Thanks Paul (and everyone else).

I've been running the business as a sideline for a couple of years, but need to take this chance to do it full-time. It's got to be worth a shot.

16. That'd be great!

17. Congrtats on your new endeavor and best wishes Guy.

God Bless,
    David

18. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    All the best to you and remember your friends here at Nikon Cafe!!!

19. artona

artona

Jul 9, 2008
    UK
    HI Guy

Where is Basingrad? Never heard of it

stew

20. oh good luck,. you know we are around if you need to ask questions or just chat, call email etc :smile:

D+T