Ashley - Senior 2014

Here are a couple of Ashley's favorite shots from our Senior shoot last Wednesday. Any comments or critique are welcome.

Scott

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Very nice images!

Cropping the right side of #1 would make her more prominate in the image.

The skin color in both seems off...very yellow/red. Is that what you were going for?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, for the feedback. I will have to check my monitor as I do not see the yellow but do see a hint of red in the 2nd image.

I like the images. 1 could stand to be brought up in exposure more. I disagree on cropping tighter for 1. Sometimes you need environmental shots where the subject is part of the environment. If anything maybe pulling back more.

I say those are great, I think pull back a touch although composition is very important when pulling back. I like the lighting.

I think in the second shot she's perhaps too close to the background and the lighting appears a little flat. Also I'm not crazy about having the subjects shoulders square to the camera. I also agree that both images look about a 1/2 stop underexposed.

Now to the first image. I like the composition and I like the pose though her facial expression isn't great. I think what would really make this image better would have been a wider aperture or perhaps a longer focal length. Blurring that background a bit more would add some needed separation and make that fence and gate a little less distracting.

I also agree on the exposure. In the first on it appears that is it pretty warm and she may have had a little sweat on her face that reflected the flash. I find using the patch tool in PS works well to remove hot spots on the face. There is one on her chin and above her right eye.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom