1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Asia Arts Museum D700 + 85mm 1.8, ISO 1600+

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by vladik1980, Aug 18, 2008.

1. No noise reduction was used. Love the miniscule grain! :smile:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
  2. These look incredible for ISO 1600

3. Thanks Phil, thats what I keep repeating to myself :D DD

4. Those are SHARP and the color is fabulous!
    9,10, and 13 are my favorites. :biggrin:

5. awesome series
    you really posted some wonderful images here

thank you for sharing

6. Really Great.

7. Thanks everyone! :) 

I tried hard to get them right in the museum, to minimize pp :) 

8. Works for me. Nice exposures and sharpness.

9. Thanks Dez! I've noticed that radius of 1% for sharpening works much better for D700, doesn't add much noise. Pictures #16 is actually ISO 3200 and to me it looks incredible! :) 

10. WOW, awesome images.
    The performance of the D700: stellar!
    This is slowly starting to drive me nuts, maybe I need to make a trip to the camera store...

11. JustEd

JustEd

Jul 21, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I like very much... Am presuming these are all available light (incadescent probably) so am wondering how you achieved a proper color balance? In camera or processing? <Newbie Question

12. Frits, thanks very much! You should be careful going to the store, you may end up with a D700 at the minimum ;) ) It is an awesome camera!!

Ed,

Thanks very much! All of these are available light, no flash with Auto white balance. I guess they really did improve the WB, I didn't have to change it on any of those shots. Other wise, if there is a mistake on how the auto WB was captured, you can easily correct with software ( Capture NX or Photoshop), if you shot if RAW. I hope this answers your question.

Vlad

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.