Asking for a few prayers......

I am asking the Nikon Cafers out there to say a little prayer for me. I just got laid off from my job. :( :( There was a 20% employment reduction today at my former employer. It was really sad to leave that company, and to leave all my co-workers. I hated to hear about all the others that were cut too. :cry: :cry: I actually enjoyed working there and it was a great learning experience. God has a plan for all of us, and he is sending me in a different direction. What that direction is......I don't know. My job now is to find a job. I guess one of the benefits of getting on the computer at home to polish up my resume and do some job searching is that I will be able to get on the Nikon Cafe more......LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Please keep me and my family in your prayers.

yikes, not workng and having a family sucks Bryan...I hope you rebound and find a job. it's not to bad being on the computer all day, that's what I did when my leg was healing and I was stuck in bed...oh wait that's what I still do!

Seriously, I hope things work out for you!

Real Name
Chris
You got prayers from me Bryan. So sorry to hear about your being laid off. Hopefully you'll find a better paying, more fun job in just the right time. Don't forget to use your camera, cause digital photos are free! :) :)

Good luck my friend!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. If you need us, Patrick and I are just a call or email away! Yell if you need us! I too believe that God has a plan for all of us. So I am sure it's only a matter of time before you are on to bigger and better things!

Good luck Bryan! It's a stressful time for sure so make sure you take some time off from searching and go shoot. It can be very relaxing and allows you to consider options.

We're thinking of you,

_/oe

Bryan, I'll be thinking of you. Please let me know how it goes, I am sure all the regulars here agree, we hope you find a new job soon.

Chances are, you'll find a better paying job and make lemonade from this lemon thrown to you. Good luck, I am sure you'll do fine.

Sorry to hear the bad news. i just went through the same thing with my wife but it all turn out for the best. have faith and good things will come. we'll keep you in our prayers.

Hi, Bryan.

Sorry to hear about the layoff. My thoughts and prayers are w/ you (and your family). Keep up your good spirits and hope and trust in Him. We may not always understand how God works, but He will provide. (Phil 4, Rom 8:28 )

If it encourages you any, I'd share that I've been laid off 2x during the course of my career, and both times God was faithful and provided what was needed (and then some). Both times turned out to be real blessings and a testament to his great faithfulness -- and I managed to get some good R&R during the brief downtimes too.

Anyway, if there is anything I can help w/, let me know -- granted, we're not exactly next door neighbors, but you never know, right?

Peace be w/ you...

In Him...

_Man_

I'll gladly say a prayer for you, Bryan, but you don't really need one. This is the end of a chapter in your professional career... not the end of the book. I can guarantee that from personal experience. I've been caught in cutbacks and layoffs several times during my 30+ year working career. It was painful initially, a blow to my security and ego, but each time was an opportunity to re-invent myself, and find a job where I could be of greater value to an employer. Note: I had to lay people off on a number of occasions, and that was actually more painful than being laid off.

So take a few days to gather yourself (go for a couple of long walks and photo shoots), and then...

1. Figure out what you'd like to do next
2. Write a resume slanted in that direction
3. Call every business associate you know that has respect for your work, inform them of your situation, and ask them to become a part of your network. Send them your resume, and ask them to keep an eye out for opportunities that would fit your ambitions.
4. Register with one of the on-line placement services, but limit it to the free ones that collect their commissions from the employers. The ones that charge the applicant are usually rip-offs.
5. Register with a temp agency. Many companies hire temps as a way of find permanent staff. Aunt Nancy has used this technique several times, and the last one led to a fine job at Cisco.
6. Read the online job listings, as well as those in your professional journals, and even the local newspaper.
7. People are busy and tend to forget, so touch base with everyone you contacted in #3 about a month after the initial contact. Ask them if they received your resume, and bring them up to date on your progress in finding a position.
8. Recognize that the layoff was your ex-employer's problem, not yours. Don't sweat it. There are always opportunities for motivated people. It just takes a little while to find them.

Love ya, man. Hang in there!

gho

Hey, now's a great time to become a "professional" photographer.

I've been out of a job now for 8 years.

Bryan, I'm sure it's tough in these dark days to read these words but..... Things always happen for a reason. There is something for you around the corner and that is where you're meant to be. The only constant is change, and if you roll with it, you'll see how it will better your life. I'm pulling for you, and you will get through this.
Hugs, Sandi

Thank you so much......EVERYONE!!! I feel at home when I am in the Cafe. Some real powerfully positve emotion in this thread!!! THANK YOU!!

Yes, I am feeling it Virginia!! Send some of that vibe towards Jonathan so he can get that leg better!! :) :) :)

Thank you Chris!! Your right.....photos are free...I will take a lot more now that I have some free time!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are awesome and a true sweety Leigh....thank you!! Tell Patrick thank you for me!! :D :D :D

RELAXING is what I am going to do first Joe....thank you!! :D :D :D

YOU DA MAN JAY!! Thanks!! :D :D :D

Harris....you and the Cafe will be the first to know when I get something.........and YES, I am shooting for the top....thank you!!! :D :D :D

SeaFox......it's was tough on my wife. She works, so we do have her income.....but it is going to be tight around the Daniel household. I am happy I have food to eat, a roof over my head, and a family that loves me. :D :D :D :D :D......I love UGA too!!! :D :D :D

MAN-FAI.....YOU ARE AWESOME!! Thank you for the encouraging Bible verse. I study the Bible regularly, and I too find comfort through our lord and savior Jesus Christ. Thank you!! :D :D :D :D :D

Frank....thank you so much for the life experience step-by-step process. I am going to use that. I am so wrapped up in doing my resume, looking for a job.........I like step one. Take some time to clear my mind!!

Thank you....everyone!! For taking time to help me!! :D :D :D

Bryan, I'm sure it's tough in these dark days to read these words but..... Things always happen for a reason. There is something for you around the corner and that is where you're meant to be. The only constant is change, and if you roll with it, you'll see how it will better your life. I'm pulling for you, and you will get through this.
Hugs, Sandi

Sandi, your such a sweetheart. Thank you so much!!! Hugs to you too!! :D :D :D :D

Look at it as...

...an opportunity, not as a setback.

Trite but true, when the Lord deals you lemons, make lemonade.

There's a whole lot of great things waiting for you, Bryan.

Don't pick the low lying fruit, go for the top of the tree.

You'll do just fine, muy amigo. :D

I've been visiting family this weekend, so I'm late to this.

I've been where you are now, Bryan, and it ain't nice.

Another trite saying, but also true: what doesn't destroy you, strengthens you.

Be strengthened, my friend. Go well.

Bryan, I don't know what you need the most, the security of a job or to relax for a few days... but if you ask me, I would be writting and sending CVs like crazy...

Latest threads

Top Bottom