Assateague Island, MD

Spent the weekend camping on Assateague Island in Maryland. Got a lot of bug bites....but also got to see the wild horses on the beach.....and in the campground. Infact, very close up once they started eating our dinner. LOL. Was a lot of fun. Here are some pics.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That's really great stuff! I've seen the ponies and I've picnicked and swam at Assateague, but I've never been invaded by marauding hoards of ponies!

Great shots! My parents used to camp (RV) at that campground. Its one of those experiences you have to see in person to appreciate it. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the comments.

I didn't think they would get that up close either. I mean on th ebeach we walked right up and they kind of kept moving. Earlier we had seen a small bird land on one and it kicked it's front legs up an nayed so when they were walkin gup to the table we figure they'd turn and leave. Nope! Haha

Yes it is definitely something to see and experience at least once. It's just cool that they're wild and they just roam around amongst you.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom