Assembly Wing (WI State Capitol)

I captured this image a couple of days ago at the Wisconsin State Capitol in Madison. That's a badger above the Assembly (House of Representatives) door.

2021-06-19 Madison-26-HDR-Edit copy 2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It was really nice to be able to get out there again for some travel and photography...

Glenn

I'm so happy to see your wonderful travel photos again!! I love the composition and depth in this one!! What is the significance of the Badger? I will admit that I don't know too much about Wisconsin.

I'm so happy to see your wonderful travel photos again!! I love the composition and depth in this one!! What is the significance of the Badger? I will admit that I don't know too much about Wisconsin.
Thanks Terri…it was the depth that attracted my eye to this scene. The badger is Wisconsin’s state animal and also the nickname for the University of Wisconsin’s sports teams—the Wisconsin Badgers.

Glenn

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Wonderful image, Glenn. As much as I like the B&W version, I have to admit that to me this one is equally nice.

You're right in my back yard Glenn. I'm only 5 miles from the capitol in Madison (as the crow flies) and I can see it from a nearby street when I'm out walking the dogs in my neighborhood although I live across Lake Mendota in an community just north of Madison. Well done as always!

You're right in my back yard Glenn. I'm only 5 miles from the capitol in Madison (as the crow flies) and I can see it from a nearby street when I'm out walking the dogs in my neighborhood although I live across Lake Mendota in an community just north of Madison. Well done as always!
Thanks Pete...I've been to Madison a few times and have always enjoyed my time there.

Glenn

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom