1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Assigning or Converting Profiles for web use?

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by Crazy Cat Lady, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Crazy Cat Lady

Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2, 2008
    MI
    Hopefully I put this question in the right forum.

Anyway, what is the difference between converting a profile and assigning a profile in CS3?

In CS3, I assigned an sRGB profile to my NEF to PP and save for the web. On firefox it looks washed out but on Safari it looks like the CS3 JPG. What did I do wrong?

2. jhwalker

jhwalker

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    Rule of thumb for those of us who are not color management professionals: you should never assign a profile to a photo unless you are correcting an error (e.g., the profile has been stripped from the photo and you know what the original profiles was). You should always convert.

3. I second that...Convert to sRGB for web viewing. It's what I do all the time.

4. Crazy Cat Lady

Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2, 2008
    MI
    Thanks for the replies jhwalker & photobug207 :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.