Assisted at a wedding

Discussion in 'People' started by srwatters, Jun 12, 2007.

1. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    A week ago I was fortunate to get to tag along for a 'real' Texas sized wedding. 10 bridesmaids, 10 groomsmen, two ushers, two hostesses, a ring bearer and flower girl. Good thing is that I only had to cart gear and hold lights. Of course I brought my gear and made a couple of captures.

The bride finishing getting ready

[​IMG]

A candid I just turned and fired as I walked by them. I'm bummed about the shadow on the wall, but didn't really want to spend a bunch of time on in post.

[​IMG]

I can tell you that I have very little desire to become a wedding photographer. My hats off to those who do and do it well!

2. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Nice shots Scott. I agree! Way too much pressure, and way too many white dresses.

3. Nice picture of the bride Scott. I couldn't agree with you more about shooting weddings. Lot's of pressure and things happening too fast to really keep up.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I could never shoot a wedding.
    Nobody has feathers and they don't fly...lolol
    I do know how to expose for white though
    Don't know how to use lights at all

I love the first shot
    Like the second one also. But would like to see the color one

5. Beautiful bride... Weddings aren't for everyone... :) I've got quite a few under my belt, and sometimes they frustrate the crap out of me!!!!

6. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    A couple of great shots there! I tried doing weddings for a while but also was not for me for all the reasons already mentioned. Although I am getting more interested in taking people pictures, I still mostly prefer things that don't move or don't whine about having their photo taken, damn humans =).

7. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Thanks for the kind comments. I felt lucky to get two keepers. I'm so programmed to work with my studio strobe and posed models. It was an really a learning experience.

Here's the little one in color.

[​IMG]

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I like the color one:>))))
    Whats really fun in this shot is the polka-dot bag with the red handle.:>))) lolol

the little one looks much better with color to her. So cute
    Great image

Now that is a show stealer and a long life memory

9. Very nice.
    The picture of the bride might have some real strong effect to it in B&W. Always fun to experiment with both and see what the bride/groom want.

10. I love weddings! :biggrin:!!!