Assorted birdies

Some assorted shots from the last few days of vacation. All taken with the D2X and the 200-400VR
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

B

bfjr

the 1st one is real crisp
but I really dig the second, it's almost as if he's yelling, "Hey buddy speed up or get the H.....ll out of my way" !! :lol:

WOW!!! Mike those are fantastic pictures. That combo is great. Is the 200-400VR a hard lens to handle? Do you use a Mono Pod, tripod, or hand hold? Thanks for sharing.
Pete

Great shots, Mike! The second one is exceptional and looks like the higher bird is balancing on the wingtip of the lower bird. Nice captures!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Excellent Shots Mike, Besides #1, I find #7 interesting with the color contrast with that pale blue sky vs bird and green. nice change of pace.

Wade

greyflash said:
Hey Mike you have really done well with your vacation shots. Image #2 is quite unusual and really makes one take a second look. All are excellent.
Thanks Gordon, I really enjoyed whatchign these two interact, thanks for the kind words

bfjr said:
the 1st one is real crisp
but I really dig the second, it's almost as if he's yelling, "Hey buddy speed up or get the H.....ll out of my way" !! :lol:
LMAO yes you are right about the 2nd one thanks for looking

PEPPER PETE said:
WOW!!! Mike those are fantastic pictures. That combo is great. Is the 200-400VR a hard lens to handle? Do you use a Mono Pod, tripod, or hand hold? Thanks for sharing.
Pete
Thanks I appreictae the comments, these were shot on a tripod with a ballhead and sidekick. I will be shotign a football scrimmage thsi Saturday on a onopod will see how it works out. I personally would not handhold unless forced too

PEPPER PETE said:
Pete
Thanks I appreciate the comments, these were shot on a tripod with a ballhead and sidekick. I will be shooting a football scrimmage this Saturday on a monopod will see how it works out. I personally would not handhold unless forced too

drueter said:
Great shots, Mike! The second one is exceptional and looks like the higher bird is balancing on the wingtip of the lower bird. Nice captures!
Thanks Don it was fun watchign these guys play they are very competitive when it comes to feeding

Commodorefirst said:
Excellent Shots Mike, Besides #1, I find #7 interesting with the color contrast with that pale blue sky vs bird and green. nice change of pace.

Wade
Thanks for looking this little guy was hanging out in the trees by the house shot this from the 2nd floor deck

All very well done, Mike

Love em all. I take it you're giving that camera/lens combo a rousing 2 thumbs up?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom