Assorted birdies

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Some assorted shots from the last few days of vacation. All taken with the D2X and the 200-400VR
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Mike..

There isn't one of these that shouldn't be considered exceptional...great work :)

3. Hey Mike you have really done well with your vacation shots. Image #2 is quite unusual and really makes one take a second look. All are excellent.

4. bfjr

bfjr Guest

the 1st one is real crisp
    but I really dig the second, it's almost as if he's yelling, "Hey buddy speed up or get the H.....ll out of my way" !! :lol:

5. WOW!!! Mike those are fantastic pictures. That combo is great. Is the 200-400VR a hard lens to handle? Do you use a Mono Pod, tripod, or hand hold? Thanks for sharing.
    Pete

6. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent Mike. I love the first shot.

7. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Great shots, Mike! The second one is exceptional and looks like the higher bird is balancing on the wingtip of the lower bird. Nice captures!

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent series Mike. Now that is my kind of vacation. 8)

9. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Excellent Shots Mike, Besides #1, I find #7 interesting with the color contrast with that pale blue sky vs bird and green. nice change of pace.

Wade

10. Re: Mike..

Thanks so much Jim coming from you that means a lot

11. Thanks Gordon, I really enjoyed whatchign these two interact, thanks for the kind words

12. LMAO yes you are right about the 2nd one thanks for looking

13. Thanks I appreictae the comments, these were shot on a tripod with a ballhead and sidekick. I will be shotign a football scrimmage thsi Saturday on a onopod will see how it works out. I personally would not handhold unless forced too

14. Thanks I appreciate the comments, these were shot on a tripod with a ballhead and sidekick. I will be shooting a football scrimmage this Saturday on a monopod will see how it works out. I personally would not handhold unless forced too

15. Thanks Harry cant wait o get back down and shoot down in FLA

16. Thanks Don it was fun watchign these guys play they are very competitive when it comes to feeding

17. Thanks Frank I got two hours each mornign to shoot and then a few from the back deck during the day it was a great vacation

18. Thanks for looking this little guy was hanging out in the trees by the house shot this from the 2nd floor deck

19. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    All very well done, Mike

Love em all. I take it you're giving that camera/lens combo a rousing 2 thumbs up?

20. Man great work Mike, luved the series. How many more sleeps until you go to Florida . LOL