Astrophotography Photo Thread (including technique))

Nice, I have a celestron 9.25 HD edge so I have a set up similar but larger. Best first target is the moon to start learning, then star clusters. Planets are possible but your 700 and telescope don't have the zoom or resolution to make anything great but still fun to try. Also, download a program called stellarium as it will help plan realistic targets, get an idea of what your equipment can do and is free. Astrobin.Com is another great site where you can search by gear and get pics taken with that stuff.

Thanks I know I can shoot the moon now with what I have but am interested to see what kind of shots I can get with the scope, also hopin to track a couple deep space objects and make attempt at stacking :) but who knows right now Im stuck in the snow in Indiana..lol

Real Name
Ross
Here's one I shot about a two weeks ago at the beach. I edited the image for the milkyway and then swapped the surf and foreground from the un-edited image into the edited image becasue the editing brought out a lot of noise in the foreground.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I had done some steel wool spinning the previous night and while I was playing around with Photoshop(as I had just started my subscription) I merged the steel wool shots with this one and was pretty happy with the results.

Real Name
Ross
the above shots for the milky way were f/3.5, 30sec, ISO 800, on a D3200
And here's some star trails from my first attempt at astrophotography in Alabama.

I don't have the exact settings but is was 180 merged exposures of somewhere around f/2.8, 30 sec, ISO 200 or 400 at 16mm

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom