Astrophotography...

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by cwilt, Jun 26, 2005.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I just picked up a Meade ETX125 with the UHTC coatings. It is still in the box at this point. My plan is to use the D2x with a t-mount and use it at prime focus for lunar photography to start with. Anyone ever used a teleconvertor between scope and camera? Any suggestions for accessories that I may need besides a Hartmann mask for focusing?

2. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Nice Charles...I am envious!

I looked into the Meades about a year ago...never did anything though. Looking forward to seeing some captures.

I can't really help you with the TC or accessories.

C

3. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks Cory. I plan to practice over the next 2 weeks, then we are going on a camping trip into the mountains where there will be no light pollution to enterfere with some astrophotography of subjects deeper in space. :) I am not sure how the D2x will do at this but it is the only camera I have with MLU.

4. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    I bet it will do better than you expect...once you get the settings figured out. I have seen some fabulous shots from other folks with Nikon and Canon digital SLRs connected to Meades.

C

5. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I picked up the adapters I needed today so if weather permits I will be up late and try to shot the moon. :)

I think this will be as bad as Lens Lust. There are many things I think I need already. :shock:

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I can hardly wait to see what you get Charles!

7. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Sad news. Not only did the wind come up but the ETX125 can not support the weight of the D2x. :(

I am going to return everything tommorow. Just as well since the last thing I need is another expensive hobby. :wink:

Maybe I will buy a new lens to make me feel better.