Astrophotography...

I just picked up a Meade ETX125 with the UHTC coatings. It is still in the box at this point. My plan is to use the D2x with a t-mount and use it at prime focus for lunar photography to start with. Anyone ever used a teleconvertor between scope and camera? Any suggestions for accessories that I may need besides a Hartmann mask for focusing?

Nice Charles...I am envious!

I looked into the Meades about a year ago...never did anything though. Looking forward to seeing some captures.

I can't really help you with the TC or accessories.

C

Thanks Cory. I plan to practice over the next 2 weeks, then we are going on a camping trip into the mountains where there will be no light pollution to enterfere with some astrophotography of subjects deeper in space. :) I am not sure how the D2x will do at this but it is the only camera I have with MLU.

I bet it will do better than you expect...once you get the settings figured out. I have seen some fabulous shots from other folks with Nikon and Canon digital SLRs connected to Meades.

C

I picked up the adapters I needed today so if weather permits I will be up late and try to shot the moon. :)

I think this will be as bad as Lens Lust. There are many things I think I need already. :shock:

Sad news. Not only did the wind come up but the ETX125 can not support the weight of the D2x. :(

I am going to return everything tommorow. Just as well since the last thing I need is another expensive hobby. :wink:

Maybe I will buy a new lens to make me feel better.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom