At long last - a member of the 200/2 fraternity.

I finally found a mint example of a 200mm f2 (Mk1) in the kind of pre-owned condition that we all dream of finding - which I just had to buy.

I have now used it on two shoots, the most recent being on Saturday last at an orchestral rehearsal session in a cathedral - not exactly the most friendly of environments for photography....

I haven't a clue how to post images on the page, but here is a link to four that I have dared to expose. (that dreadful pun is not really intended)

www.imageevent.com/donnington/2002

All were taken at f2 (of course) with a D-700 at ISO2000 and 3200.

Peter.

I finally found a mint example of a 200mm f2 (Mk1) in the kind of pre-owned condition that we all dream of finding - which I just had to buy.

I have now used it on two shoots, the most recent being on Saturday last at an orchestral rehearsal session in a cathedral - not exactly the most friendly of environments for photography....

I haven't a clue how to post images on the page, but here is a link to four that I have dared to expose. (that dreadful pun is not really intended)

www.imageevent.com/donnington/2002

All were taken at f2 (of course) with a D-700 at ISO2000 and 3200.

Peter.
Yes, that is exactly the way my used copy was....I would have it no other way. You look right on the money at F/2...very nice.

Mike

I just picked one up a couple of months ago from the classifieds on here for $3400 in absolutely mint condition. They usually sell in the $3600-3800 range in nice shape.

Congrats on joining the club!!

To answer foto.therapy's question, I paid 2,000GBP (about $3,200) which is a very good price here in the UK, given its astonishing condition.

I bought privately thus saving around 400GBP ($640) on current retail used prices.

Peter

I just picked one up a couple of months ago from the classifieds on here for $3400 in absolutely mint condition. They usually sell in the $3600-3800 range in nice shape.

Congrats on joining the club!!
To answer foto.therapy's question, I paid 2,000GBP (about $3,200) which is a very good price here in the UK, given its astonishing condition.

I bought privately thus saving around 400GBP ($640) on current retail used prices.

Peter
Thanks to both of you. I'm keeping my eyes open, but have not yet seen a used one pop up for sale in my area.

In the meantime, I'll continue to live vicariously through the fantastic images so many of you post in the 200/2 thread.

Yes, the VR1. (I inadvertently referred to it as the Mk1 in the original post)

Peter.

Yes, the VR1. (I inadvertently referred to it as the Mk1 in the original post)

Peter.
whew, here was me thinking you meant an AIS model....

i bought a vrii which turned up last tuesday, so i'm also a new addition to the fraternity.

aside from a quick spin at a netball match, i havn't had the opportunity to give it a thorough workout yet. been impressed so far.

it certainly fits my definition of 'ludicrous glass'.

I've just joined the fraternity too :smile:

Found a new one for $3730 new grey and couldnt say no at that price when I was lusting over them at $5500 new only 12 months ago!!

you're a lucky man. thats a great price gaidin. did you see they have the VRII for $9k ? lmfao

DWI...shot back up $300 after I ordered it though

Still a great buy at $4k too :smile:
Not really,
Grey market, not that there is anything wrong with that.
DWI
Total: $4876.00 AUD includes freight.
Add 11% (10% gst plus 1% for other customs charges/anomalies minimum)

Minimum cost from DWI $5412.36.00 to your door for a VR1

VS

ddp. $5199.00 walk in brick and mortar, nth sydney. Still Grey, still VR1

Think about it.

you're a lucky man. thats a great price gaidin. did you see they have the VRII for $9k ? lmfao
Yeah I got in at a great price. DWI always do that with new products they dont have stock of...list them at a ridiculous price excpecting some sucker to pay :smile:

Not really,
Grey market, not that there is anything wrong with that.
DWI
Total: $4876.00 AUD includes freight.
Add 11% (10% gst plus 1% for other customs charges/anomalies minimum)

Minimum cost from DWI $5412.36.00 to your door for a VR1

VS

ddp. $5199.00 walk in brick and mortar, nth sydney. Still Grey, still VR1

Think about it.
Not sure where youre looking mate but their current price for the 200 f2 at DWI is $4069. I purchased mine Wednesday week ago at $3728. Can send the invoice if you dont believe me :tongue:

Given that we dont get the lovely 5yr warranty here in Aus I dont have any qualms with grey when the discount vs local is substantial!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom