AT&T U-Vers V-RAD Box Beautification

Those boxes are meant to be cheap and practical. The looks have very little to do with it. As a uverse customer, I really don't care.

Here the loudest complainers have been the people in the nicest neighborhoods - where U-Verse penetration is probably at its highest. It wasn't 'til I read about the complaints that I realized where our "V-RAD" is in our more urban neighborhood.

If I was AT&T, and I was getting complaints I would just pull out and not offer my service. They won't do this as there would be a stream of money lost.

I don't see the big deal. Folks complained about the utility poles messing up their view of a sea of houses that are spaced 3 feet apart. So they take out the poles and put the cables underground. Those cables have to have a central distribution point so either live with the mess or stop complaining about the new messes created by the last mess gotten rid of.

We've had boxes similar to that here long before even DSL was offered. When they did an upgrade to the utilities to support uverse I think they did add a box near the existing one, but it hardly made any kind of impact.

On the other hand - the local cable company redid all their lines and planted green boxes in front of every 4th house or so (which isn't really unusual I guess, I remember seeing those spring up back in the 80s elsewhere).

Having underground services here means we have a variety of boxes here and there anyway. Phone and cable are fairly small, but then we have big electrical transformer boxes scattered around too.

My U-Verse box sits next to the closest AT&T phone box, and is the same size. They put the power pole for the U-Verse box on my property line, and the box is <50 yards from my house. I am perfectly happy to have it there. IMO, it isn't as unsightly as the swarm of Comcast trucks that are in the neighborhood on a daily basis.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom