1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

At the beach

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Aug 7, 2008.

1. The beach where we hang out and boat from at Redfish Lake is a special place. It can be chilly there so often we have on warm clothes. There were a couple of nights on our trip where it got below freezing. Yikes!!

It's fun to take candid shots of family members at the beach. The lighting conditions on some of these were horrendous. But, you have to capture the moment!!

70-200 VR
    original.

35 f2--My sister asked me to get a photo of her with her dog.
    View attachment 235599

70-200 VR This is my nephew's wife. She is deaf and is the most amazing person.
    View attachment 235600

17-55--What we do at the beach
    View attachment 235601

50 1.4 Greg sitting on a rock to dry off his feet
    View attachment 235602

70-200 VR Jaden isn't a baby anymore. He took his first tube ride with his daddy and uncle. The photo isn't the best, but the moment was too special to not capture.

View attachment 235603

2. It's all good and fun...Great family and friends...Nice shots:wink:

3. Don't you love it? Freezing at night, wakeboarding/skiing during the day! :biggrin: It's not all about the proper exposure on pictures like these, it's about capturing those family special times like you said.

4. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Terri, I love the shot of "what we do at the beach" with the mountains in the background...excellent backdrop!

5. those are great photos!! I enjoyed them all Thank you for letting us know which lenses are associated to each photo!

6. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    wonderful ... I love these, they're fun.

7. VERY nice. Love how the colours POP!
    Schnauzer huh, got SIX here LOL.

8. So much fun Terri!

9. Happy happy family!
    Great shots!

10. pr549f2678

pr549f2678

Jun 26, 2007
    central Fl
    Hi Terri,

Love those family pictures, nice color and back ground.
    If it's freezing at night, that water has got to be real cold,not
    for me and I live here in Fl.

Phil..........:smile:

11. Fun event for all of your Terri. Love the last shot of Jaden taking the tube ride.

12. Yep, good, fun, family, and friends pretty much sums up the trip every year. Thanks.

The temperature extremes are crazy. The kids go from winter coats to swimming suits. But, it's great fun. Thanks.

Yes, those mountains are spectacular. It's wonderful to sit on the beach and look at the mountains.

13. I've been testing out a few lenses that a fellow forum member loaned me. I wanted him to see which lenses I was using. Glad you enjoyed reading which ones I used. Thanks.

Thanks, Linda. I've only got dozens more to post process so I can make the family slideshow on DVD for everyone.

Her dog is actually a Schnoodle. But I have a black schnauzer. They are such high energy dogs, I can't imagine six of them.:eek: 

14. Glad you enjoyed seeing our happy times.

Thanks, I think we are a happy family.....most of the time....

The water is awful....about 52 degrees. I don't get in it unless I am REALLY hot, which didn't happen this year.

At the first of the trip, Jaden wouldn't even put his feet in the water. It was a major milestone that he would ride in the tube. Of course, my brother-in-law drove the boat extremely slow.

15. Great shots.....love #4 beautiful background.

16. Those mountains are probably why we keep going to that particular lake year after year. Thanks.

17. oh terri,
    these are awesome
    nothing makes me happier than seeing a great family having fun together
    the beach can be a magic place

i'm glad you shared these with us

18. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Great Pics Terri,

Love your snaps, makes one smile! :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.