At the Duck Pond Saturday, March 31st...

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by Clix Pix, Apr 12, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This? Why she's light as a feather!
    [​IMG]

Lenses used: 70-200mm VR on the D200 (people shots) and on the tripod-mounted D2Xs, the 300mm f/2.8 VR (people and a few birdies)

Many, MANY more images in the gallery at http://photos.talihar.net/gallery/2648283

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2007
  2. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Nice shots Connie. The first one is cool.

3. Thanks, Chris! I like that first one, too! I couldn't get to the lens that was on the tripod quick enough and I wasn't in the best spot to get any closer to the fast-moving duck, so just took advantage of where I was....

4. Super shots Connie, excellent! Nice to see these images of the gang having such a nice time.

5. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    More great shots Connie. We had to wait awhile on them but it was worth it.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice, Connie. So nice to see images that being back such nice memories.

7. Thanks, Rex! Yeah, it's been taking me a while to process the over 1000 images I shot!! LOL! Next up: the people images at Guntersville Dam (won't be so many of those as there were at the duck pond) and then I'll get started on the birdies....

8. That's the fun part, isn't it, Frank? Looking at the photos and remembering, hearing the laughter again, seeing the smiles, recalling the tips and lessons freely and generously offered, enjoying looking at everybody's gear and observing and learning how they use it.... Many good memories, indeed!

9. DoorMan

DoorMan Guest

I like the first one Connie. Great shots.

10. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I like them all, the first one was fun. I've enjoyed seeing some of the people who post here daily. Those are good shots of these folks.

11. Connie, the first one is teriffic! What an imaginative composition including the subject and the photographer. I'm certain it was skill and not luck! Way to go!

Rich

12. Such a good time you are the best! See you at Jim's.

13. Thanks, everyone! It's been fun reliving the memories as I was working on these images. Well, that incoming duck shot was a combinatinon of luck, timing, positioning and skill, I guess! :smile: Hee, hee, wouldn't you love to have a photo from that duck's point of view?! LOL! All those cameras aimed at him....:biggrin: :biggrin:

14. another GREAT set! That first one is SO COOL!

15. Connie, nice job on the duck, wish mine had been as good.

Couldn't you make that ol coot in the white hat look better, or younger?

:smile:

16. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Believe in Miracles eh?

Super shots Connie!

Wade

17. Thanks, Guys! I took the day off from post-processing today(domestic responsibilities took priority) and tomorrow I've got to work part of the day; Sunday I've got a social engagement, so it may be Monday before i get back to post-processing the actual bird photos I took at the Duck Pond and also the people and bird ones from Guntersville Dam.

Sorry, Larry! No age reduction possible in CS2 or Aperture! LOL!

18. WOW! Talk about "NIKON" moments! Wonderful captures, Connie! Loved the one of the duck flying with the photographer to its' right! Great job!