At the lake (pics)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Vinod Menon, May 21, 2005.

1. Got these in late evening light at a lake nearby...all shot at iso 640. I wish there was some more light...oh well!

GBH Reflection
    [​IMG]
    GBH reflection 2
    [​IMG]
    GBH in flight
    [​IMG]

Catbird
    [​IMG]

Regards,
    -Vinod

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Wonderful shots Vinod!! Forum mate Greg Giesing and I are heading over to the Guntersville dam early in the morning to try to get some shots of these guys.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    First two images are suberb !!!

Thank you for sharing.

4. Beautiful image Vinod. You have a knack for capturing these birds in an artistic setting. Well done.

5. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Vinod:

I don't know how long you waited for that first one, but it was certainly worth it. At first, I didn't care for the second, but now it's growing on me. As for the catbird, I'd like to know how you get small birds to pose in the open like that -- I remember the female cardinal.

I didn't remember the TC from your posts on DPR. How do you like that combination?

6. Vinod,

Nice pictures. Comp├┤sition, exposure and GBH pose all contribute to make the #1 a beautiful, beautiful image. Congratulations for an excellent work.

7. Thanks Frank, Gale and Gordon! Frank, I hope you got some good shots this morning...I always love the challenge of stalking the GBH :) (I am not always successful)!!

Regards,
    -Vinod

8. Hi Bob,
    Thanks for the comments. I think the second one is a little unusual because there is nothing around the heron to provide a context, but I liked the reflection. As far as the small birds, I have realized over time that it is useless to go after them. Usually I choose a good spot and wait, they always end up visiting a branch nearby..:roll:.
    I have a 1.4 TC and use the 300 f4 almost exclusively with it...I have yet to use the 300mm without the TC. I love that combo.

Regards,
    -Vinod

9. Thanks Dao...I kind of liked the way the first one turned out too! :)

REgards,
    -Vinod

10. Wonderful photography Vinod!! :D :D :D

11. Thanks Bryan! :D

12. Hi Vinod, nice series, but I too really like the first two. Great composition and very well done!!!!

Keith

13. Thanks Keith for taking the time to comment! :)