1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

At the picnic

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, May 30, 2007.

1. Memorial weekend was great fun for me. On Saturday we went to a family picnic. Sunday through Tuesday Greg and I spent some time alone at Grand Teton National Park. I've got hundreds of photos from that trip to wade through, but here are a few from the picnic--of the kids, of course!

Heather, Beau, and Harlee
    original.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Harlee with her daddy
    View attachment 98234

Harlee with Grandpa Greg
    View attachment 98235

Brighton with his hat
    View attachment 98236

Brighton with my mom
    View attachment 98237

Jaden makes a new friend (also named Jaden).
    View attachment 98238

The following photo isn't great. We are still trying to get a family photo. After one shot with this bright background we traded locations. But Jaden would never cooperate after this.:frown:

View attachment 98239

It was a great day with the family! Hope your memorial weekend was as nice.

2. Terri, you have a beautiful family (we know you are a very proud grandma and with good reason). I think it's wonderful that you are there with a camera making memories. What most families learn to live with when shooting these family functions is below average shots and you are showing us how you have the ability to turn these shots into wall hangers... each and every one... Your family is very lucky to have this luxury and many years from now, these photos will still be cherished.

I have to disagree with you on the last photo. It's a well exposed shot of a lovely family. Everyone is smiling and facing the camera which is a huge accomplishment, given the ages of the children. I think it's a very nice shot. :wink:

3. Have you tried making Jaden your "assistant art director"? After you take the first picture, call him over to check it out on the "tiny TV", and tell him you need his opinion on it so you can get a good one for his mom. Let him run back and forth after each group of shots, discuss the results seriously with him, and thank him for his help. It should keep him interested and get him to cooperate for the entire session. It's never failed for me with kids his age.

Note: ask mom to hold the baby a little more "delicately" next time - lol! God belss, Terri, those twins are looking fantastic!

4. Brian,
    Thanks for your input. Glad you think the last one is ok. My daughter likes it so that is what counts! I love doing the candid shots of the kids. I hope they like them in a few years.

5. Frank,
    Thanks so much for your great idea! I'll give it a try. No wonder you do such great photos--you have the personality to get people to cooperate with you. I'm getting less and less shy, but still have a long way to go.

I'll remind my daughter to hold her babies in a better pose. She's so used to holding him that way that I didn't think a thing of it because I see it all the time!

6. Beautilful series Terri, I like the second one the best. That look and the soft background make a nice combination.

7. Well if you ever need some extra income, I see a profitable business in taking baby photos! It's wonderful seeing everyone so bright and happy.

8. Lovely shots Terri, they are clear, colorful, in focus, well lighted and just all around excellent. Thanks for sharing your beautiful family.

9. Great shots of a fun family outing.

I just love looking at those happy, healthy, chubby baby boys!!!! So nice to see them doing so well.

10. Thanks, Daniel.

Hi David! Well I'm not ready to take it on professionally, but it sure is fun as a hobby. It is wonderful seeing those beautiful babies all doing so well.

Thanks Gordon. Your encouragement and help has given me so much impetus to keep going and learning.

Yes, they are all getting big and chubby. You'd never know the twins were preemies now.

11. Donniec

Donniec

Jan 6, 2007
    Harvest, Alabama
    Donnie Claxton
    Very nice shots. I like the composition and color.

12. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Wow, these are awesome Terri. Excellent exposure, very sharp, and beautiful light - beautiful family too. :smile:

13. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Beautiful family Terri, I like all the images. Rather cute babies there, I'm sure you're planning ahead for future shots :) 

14. Hi Donniec,
    Welcome to the cafe. I hope you stick around here. It is a great place full of wonderful people. It's worth spending the time to get acquainted here. I've made some great friends.

Thanks, Fred. It was nice to have such good conditions, although those who were camping there would have preferred more sun.:biggrin:

Don't worry. There are always lots of shots of those babies. I get the great opportunity to spend a lot of time with them.

15. Beautiful images of a beautiful family. I like "Harlee with her daddy" most.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.