At work w/Tiff and the 70-200...

Discussion in 'People' started by Jetta32696, May 31, 2007.

1. I had a little bit of free time at work today and decided to take the camera outside. After a few steps, I noticed a co-worker Tiffanie sitting by herself enjoying her lunch. After talking a bit and taking a few snaps of some folks around campus, I backed up a few feet and started taking pics of Tiff, who is usually a willing participant when I have my camera out. The fact that she's beautiful doesn't hurt either...

Anyway, here's the only shot I've edited so far...and I really like it because it really shows Tiff's personality. D2Hs, 70-200 VR, wide open, unsure of shutter speed, no fill flash although it may have helped. Woody's skin tutorial applied...

[​IMG]

2. I like it Keith. Very nice candid shot and of course you are right she is beautiful.

3. Thank you Gordon. I love my job... :) Beautiful women all over the place... Here's another one from today...

[​IMG]

4. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Two nice shots Keith. You are very good with that lens.

5. Thanks Fred!! Until they come out with something better (for me), it will be my favorite lens.

6. Really nice. Beauty really can't hurt. :smile:

7. yrrek

yrrek Guest

Nice shots man! Btw, what is this woody's skin tutorial you talk about?

8. Thanks Ales! Beauty can't really hurt.

Thank you Kerry! Woody's skin tutorial can be found here...

9. yrrek

yrrek Guest

Ahh.. cheers man!

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    The color tone looks good on 2.

11. Bunic

Bunic

Jun 27, 2006
    South Central PA
    Keith,

Nice work!! The skin work is SUPERB! It looks SO natural. I would never have thought you did anything to it. Keep 'em comin'.

Mike

12. Thanks alot Mike. Believe it or not, I didn't have to do too much. I've learned to be less heavy handed when it comes to using Woody's technique and I'm that it's somewhat noticeable in the pics.

13. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Well done Keith! You do have a way with the ladies don't you? :tongue:
    Now, this is gonna sound funny, esp since I just gave the opposite suggestion to Jim S a minute ago, but if it was mine, I think I would do a tighter crop on top just below that little light patch in her hair. If there was more frame available, you could add the same amt to the bottom to keep the same crop ratio.

14. Both excellent images, Keith! Her beauty shines in these, especially those eyes in the first shot. Well done.

15. Thanks Steve. Cropping is usually an issue for me. The reason I left a little space above her head was in case I decided to print her a 5x7. Usually when I crop tight I end up losing too much of my subject. :mad:

Thanks alot Sandi. You can't really even see her eyes in these pics. Tiff's eyes are gorgeous, and next time I go outside with her, I'm going to get her to look into the light... I gotta try Banhup's techniques and see how well I do... I stink when it comes to shooting with available light...