1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Atco Dragbike

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by MikeMcA², Sep 14, 2008.

1. Went to this weekend's event at Atco, NJ, as a crew member for my friend with a Top Fuel Harley. In between changing motor oil and pushing the starter cart around, I managed to snap a few images. The AMA Dragbike series seems to be a very well-run sanction with a very friendly crew and racers. They have a very capable photographer too, to whom they give exclusive rights for sales (wish my regular racing santion was so generous LOL). Just some shots:

Larry "Spiderman" McBride on his #1 qualifier 5.92/214MPH pass:

372202735_wvgWq-L.

Top Gas rider Andy Baumbach

372203451_roZvS-L.

T/G Harvey Hubbard

372203609_NdAXT-L.

Not sure LOL

372203437_6WJjX-L.

Some heavy chain on the T/F 191" injected nitro Harley

372202466_TKn5Q-L.

2. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Very nice series
    Drag racing is something I have never attempted

3. Thanks Mark,

I gotta take lessons from Jason on how to shoot cheesecake at the track. :biggrin:

For some odd reason, I always have too much focal length when these images present themselves lol

372233442_VVPPA-L.

372233153_DNjXj-L.

372233238_9sBpj-L.

4. I'll take that as a big compliment. . Many Thanks. . :biggrin::biggrin:

Just got back from another great weekend's bike racing. . Bit to much alcohol was consumed . . Will post some pics of bike and cheescake when I have sorted through them. . .

5. Absolutely meant as one! :biggrin:

6. Love the reflections in the visor on #2. .

7. very nice, like the chain close-up too, something different.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.