Athletics Day

Why not try cropping them a bit tighter so we can see some facial expressions?

Good timing on the shots.

3 and 4 are way too loose, they need to be a lot tighter.

#1 is OK, except for the skewiff horizon line.

#2, if you'd moved one step to your left, you could have hidden the light pole behind the high-jump bar support and cleaned up the background a little.

all in all, nice effort. just need to be a little tighter.

3 and 4 are way too loose, they need to be a lot tighter.

#1 is OK, except for the skewiff horizon line.

#2, if you'd moved one step to your left, you could have hidden the light pole behind the high-jump bar support and cleaned up the background a little.

all in all, nice effort. just need to be a little tighter.

thanks for the honesty :)

I agree with the others...much tighter crops are needed and the sensor needs a major cleaning.

Also, I would suggest striving to get some more interesting angles. It appears as it most of these were captured from a standing position. Dropping down more will make the athletes appear more imposing and also help with eliminating distracting background elements by bringing more sky into the backgrounds.

Glenn

I agree with the others...much tighter crops are needed and the sensor needs a major cleaning.

Also, I would suggest striving to get some more interesting angles. It appears as it most of these were captured from a standing position. Dropping down more will make the athletes appear more imposing and also help with eliminating distracting background elements by bringing more sky into the backgrounds.

Glenn

I see what you mean...i tried to get down as much as possible but didnt seem to manage in time. I felt myself getting torn between loads of different events and things going on on the field. I guess i just need to be more patient and take my time...

Agree with the other comments. Also check your lens/sensor for dust. I see spots...

Im surprised at the spots, the camera is brand new (bought in Jan). Ill send it in and see if it gets better. Is there a way i can clean it at home?

Im surprised at the spots, the camera is brand new (bought in Jan). Ill send it in and see if it gets better. Is there a way i can clean it at home?

I clean my sensor regularly at home. Most of the time, I just use a Rocket Blower and it takes care of it in a few seconds. If the spots are really stubborn, I'll use a sensor brush or go with a wet cleaning using the Copperhill method. Dust is a very common thing--and I would recommend doing a Google search about sensor cleaning methods.

Glenn

I clean my sensor regularly at home. Most of the time, I just use a Rocket Blower and it takes care of it in a few seconds. If the spots are really stubborn, I'll use a sensor brush or go with a wet cleaning using the Copperhill method. Dust is a very common thing--and I would recommend doing a Google search about sensor cleaning methods.

Glenn

Ok ive got an air blower...and a lens pen for cleaning the sensor...ill try it out this weekend :) thanks :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom