ATI graphics card help needed

I have an older PC with an ATI video card that has a normal 15pin (?) monitor connection and a DVI video connection. I had this machine hooked to a 65" TV and was using it as a DVR before my nice cable company decided to scramble all stations and require a converter box - but that is another story. I want to re-task this machine for desktop use. My problem is that when it boots it sends the signal from the bios out the 15pin connector but as soon as it goes to windows it drops that and only send it out the DVI connector, but my monitor has a normal 15pin cable. Can someone give me a clue how to change the settings so the primary output will stay on the monitor and not jump to the DVI output?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a DVI to 15 pin adapter, which is what I am using right now on an old monitor. I plan to hook this up to a flat panel monitor that does have a DVI input, but I don't have a cable for that right now, but I have one on order. I want to be able to hook both monitors up for dual screen support.

Since I posted this I downloaded a newer driver and I think it has fixed the problem. It now seems to auto recognize depending on which input is being used at system boot time. I wonder how it will react when I install two monitor at once? I guess I will have to wait till I move it to see.

You could buy a vga to dvi monitor cable Example
but you need to confirm what DVI is being used DVI-I or DVI-D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
CRAP! Did not know they are different ones :( I guess we will see if I am lucky when the cable I ordered gets here in a couple of days.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom