Atlanta Area Photo Meet

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by xenonsupra, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Sounds like some of us are interested in a meet. Use this thread to discuss things...

How does Saturday night, October 4th sound?

Meet info:

Saturday October 4th
    7:00 PM
    Location: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=....776022,-84.389559&spn=0.001942,0.001939&z=19

Parking garage off 5th st in between williams st and spring st, near ga tech campus (or click the link above)

Meet on the ground level near the entrance that is across from arbys

We'll probably park and do some shots on top of that garage, and then walk or caravan from there. We'll just have to see how things go when we get out there.

Confirmed Attendees:

xenonsupra (and friend)
    atlpikman
    nikomacitec (90%)
    hotshot
    [email protected]
    13bracer (maybe)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2008
  2. I would but you guys are way better than me....It would not be a nice boost to the ol' self esteem.

3. AtlPikMan

AtlPikMan

Sep 21, 2008
    Atlanta Ga
    Well i really want to get better and i think this is the way. Think of the advantage of being around people that know what they are doing, they can imeadily give you feedback of the mistakes your making..So you wont be the only noob there...:biggrin:

4. That means that we have to bring the beer!!! :tongue::biggrin::wink:

5. That's no reason not to come! We all have lots to learn. Maybe we can give you a few pointers to help you out!

6. hotshot

hotshot

Sep 29, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    what time? that night a buddy of mine is wanting pics of his car on the GA Tech parking deck facing the city. he is dead set on the ATL cityscape in the background

7. Pictures of Monterrey, Mexico

I'm a freelance writer and have a written an article about Monterrey, Mexico that will be published in the travel section of a city newspaper. When I was there I had issues with pictures so am now looking for high res pictures to go with the article. In the article, I mention places such as the Barrio Antiguo, Cascada de Caballo, Macroplaza, Museo de arte contemporaneo, Museo de Historia Mexicana, Chipinque, or would certainly consider possibly an overall shot of the city. While there is nothing in the budget for pay, I have been assured that the photographer would get credit in the paper for the shot. If anyone is interested, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

8. hotshot

hotshot

Sep 29, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Definitly dont live NE where near mexico. wish we could help ya out buddy

Anyways, how bout 9-10?

9. What's the game plan? How does this work? Is it for a drink and socializing or is this a photo shoot somewhere?

10. hotshot

hotshot

Sep 29, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    I'd imagine we'll all be walkin around downtown somewheres shootin pics, maybe stop somewhere and get a drink or a bite or somethin.

Might look a little funny tho a bunch of folks walkin around w/ bags and tripods

11. give me a exact time and place and ill be there(if i can find some gas lol)

12. If you are talking about the one in tech square, I've been up to that garage, I actually have a shot of my car from there :biggrin:

It's decent, not the best - but I haven't found anywhere better (I haven't looked either).

[​IMG]

Usually the best light is just after sunset. Having a little color in the sky makes for a much better shot than pitch black.

Sunset for October 4th is 6:17 pm - I'd say we'll want to be shooting definitely by 7.

I say we shoot from like 7 to 9 or 10 and then grab a late bite/ drink

13. I don't have any gas either, I'll probably plan on walking unless I can find some in between now and then... :eek:

14. AtlPikMan

AtlPikMan

Sep 21, 2008
    Atlanta Ga
    Hummm...I need a Tripod. I have one, i was using it with my S3 but, its a Cheapo... :rolleyes:

15. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    October is Photography Month in Atlanta. There're supposed to be lots of exhibits and such all over the city. There's a website for it but I don't have the link right now. I'll try to find it and post it later.

Here's the link to Atlanta Celebrates Photography. http://www.acpinfo.org/

16. Don't forget the ALMS race at Road Atlanta this weekend. I'll be heading down for this.

Hope gas will be available by then!

17. Ewout_vB

Ewout_vB

Feb 6, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Is that the parking deck near the management building -- I'll have to see if I can go in there this weekend for some shots :biggrin:. It's only a few blocks away.

18. 13bracer

13bracer Guest

i will try to make it out to this but im up in flowery branch and no gas anywhere...lol

19. i just heard on project 96.1 that gas is flowing back though the pipe lines like it was a month ago but it will just take a day or 2 to get back in the pumps and by the weekend everything should be back to normal

20. yes sir, i am only a few blocks away from there as well :eek:

sweet :biggrin: