1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Atlanta has gas!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by timross, Oct 2, 2008.

1. timross

timross

Aug 16, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Gas, the kind that makes a car run I mean. For the first time in 3 weeks, I got gas today, and didn't wait in line for it. Last Saturday, I got up at 3:30 AM and went to a local gas station to get $30.00 worth. A neighbor told me Friday night they were expecting a gas truck late Friday-early Saturday, and since I was down to less then a quarter tank, I had to get it. I paid $4.39 a gallon for it! Today I paid $3.99 a gallon. Last week, of the 17 gas stations in Buckhead (suburb of Atlanta), only 2 had gas. I heard today that 13 have gas now. There are still some stations that are out, but I would say the majority of stations have it now.

A beautiful fall weekend is expected this weekend, which means everyone will be out driving to Fall festivals and corn mazes. Lets see if they can keep up with the demand.

2. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    I have gas too, but I think it's the pizza...

3. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    wow...

4. mdruiz

mdruiz

Feb 18, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    hAHA...nissan 350..High compresstion engine..just like my Maxima. High Octane full is recommended by nissan

5. Good news, heading up from the Gaineville area to Franklin, NC in a couple of weeks. Hope it gets even better.

6. HydraShok

HydraShok

Sep 20, 2008
    Minnesota
    Yeah I was going to ask if there was a baked bean cookoff or something.

7. srsuser

srsuser

Oct 4, 2008
    Georgia
    Haha lol

8. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    I do too, but I don't brag about it.

9. Deep

Deep

Sep 27, 2008
    Milton, ON
    Wow - you guys really have some strange stuff happening out there. Nice work Mr. Bush! At least he's on his way out - but what a mess for the incoming!

We have no such shortage issues up here and no talk of it at all.

(By up here, I mean Canada)

Deep

10. :mad: Yep! Whatever happens it's the fault of Bush. I am sick of hearing it especially from those that apparently don't have any idea of what they are talking about.
    If you really want to know the reason for the fuel shortage we have recently experienced in the Southeast do some research.

11. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    I haven't bought gas since September 19th! College and not having to drive FTW!

12. Deep

Deep

Sep 27, 2008
    Milton, ON
    Bush hasn't helped things with his policies. It's quite obvious to the rest of the world.

Yes I know you had weather related shortages - but why could that have not been anticipated? You'd think after Katrina they would have figured a few things out...

Bush's policies that called for more relaxed mortgage laws helped (understand that word, helped - not 100% responsible for) bring on the current situation.

Listen to this - a 2002 speech from Bush calling on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to open up mortgage rules. Some of the same companies that need bailing out today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW9viaJatpo

I have a small clue of what's happening. :Love:

13. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  14. Yeah . . . but you're in Canada and don't get to vote.

Why do you even care? :Angry:

Ralph

15. whoops, didn't know about the no political rule. sorry, post removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2008
  16. Bill N

Bill N Guest

If you will read the rules here on the Cafe you will notice that NO political opinions are wanted or allowed. There are other boards that you can post on to share all of your political knowledge.

17. Deep

Deep

Sep 27, 2008
    Milton, ON
    Alrightie then - my mistake.

Please accept my apologies - I am not in the habit of reading all the forum rules before joining up - those darn things get rediculously long!

Deep

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.