Attachment Manager and Images Tab added for subscribing members.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Administrator
Real Name
Amin
I added an Attachment Manager and Images Tab added for subscribing members. The Attachment Manager lets you see a list of your attachments with links to the posts which contains them. It also gives you a quick way to delete attachments, although attachment space is not limited, and I hope that people don't go deleting their attachments!

The Images Tab gives you a tab in any member's profile where you can see all of their past attachments along with a link to the posts which contain those attachments.

Some of you will know that we had something like this in the past, and it wasn't limited to subscribing members. The reason they are now is frankly because more and more I rely on subscriptions to pay the bills, and I want to make sure there is some value added there. Since our attachment space is not limited, I don't see the manager as an essential feature for all members, so it seems like a good choice to be something extra for subscribers.

At the same time, I've decreased the size of the ads across the board for logged in members and am still trying to find the right balance there.

I do have another feature coming soon for all members, not just subscribers, and that is the ability to sort threads based on reaction scores. Ie, a fast way to see which posts in the thread have the most, likes, winners, wows, etc. We previously had something like this as well, and it will be good to have back.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I would be willing to pay a lot for an avatar that actually makes me look good.
LOL! I found one...... Many years ago when I first joined NikonCafe, I was asking about Tshirts with NikonCafe on them so we could recognize each other when out shooting. I will never forget @Commodorefirst response:

"Just dress like your avatar and we will find YOU! "

LOL! I found one...... Many years ago when I first joined NikonCafe, I was asking about Tshirts with NikonCafe on them so we could recognize each other when out shooting. I will never forget @Commodorefirst response:

"Just dress like your avatar and we will find YOU! "
When I was in Belgium in 2018 I had to get a Cafe hat, so Bart could recognize me! I did and he did!

Interestingly Alaskans rarely use that term. When someone is traveling to the lower 48 it's typically described as traveling to "the States" or simply "down south" or "outside". Although people in Fairbanks when traveling to Anchorage sometimes say they're going "down south" or "to town".

So did the attachments tab go south?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom