Attacked by Killer Swan

Discussion in 'People' started by leahp26, Jul 27, 2008.

1. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    I work at a business park with lots of big offices and the landscaping is amazing (teams of gardeners replacing plants almost weekly), I was commenting to a friend in work that it would be an amazing location to take some photos. He said he would meet me there this morning with his family so I could take some pictures.

So I'm taking a few pictures of his super cute kids:

#1 3 year old who is happiest when jumping

p195453162-4.jpg

#2 Baby who is v suspicious of camera
    p144103803-4.jpg

#3 We then head over to the pond area:
    p298266507-4.jpg

#4 and notice that an angry looking swan is heading our way with his/her (?) feathers all puffed up (the swans had babies - cygnets? - about a month ago) and so we assume it's not happy because we're in it's "territory"

p245025896-4.jpg

#5 we start to walk away and it LAUNCHES itself out of the water and comes running at us!

[​IMG]

#6 This was a mean-a** swan! I think I may avoid this area while the swan babies are still around!

p259177188-4.jpg

Fun way to spend an hour this morning though!

p378345515-4.jpg

2. Very Nice Leah, great captions.

3. nice series
    interesting post processing on image #2 and 3

love the last one the most

4. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Hi Greg - thank you! #2 I used a color action and then Sonya's eye pop technique - may have got a little overboard/oversaturated ?!?

#3 was a bit of a disaster - the shirts are totally blown out, the contrast is a bit too much also but I thought it would be good to show the approaching menacing swan :)