Attacked by Killer Swan

Discussion in 'People' started by leahp26, Jul 27, 2008.

1. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    I work at a business park with lots of big offices and the landscaping is amazing (teams of gardeners replacing plants almost weekly), I was commenting to a friend in work that it would be an amazing location to take some photos. He said he would meet me there this morning with his family so I could take some pictures.

So I'm taking a few pictures of his super cute kids:

#1 3 year old who is happiest when jumping

p195453162-4.

#2 Baby who is v suspicious of camera
    p144103803-4.

#3 We then head over to the pond area:
    p298266507-4.

#4 and notice that an angry looking swan is heading our way with his/her (?) feathers all puffed up (the swans had babies - cygnets? - about a month ago) and so we assume it's not happy because we're in it's "territory"

p245025896-4.

#5 we start to walk away and it LAUNCHES itself out of the water and comes running at us!

p365811725-4.

#6 This was a mean-a** swan! I think I may avoid this area while the swan babies are still around!

p259177188-4.

Fun way to spend an hour this morning though!

p378345515-4.

2. Very Nice Leah, great captions.

3. nice series
    interesting post processing on image #2 and 3

love the last one the most

4. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Hi Greg - thank you! #2 I used a color action and then Sonya's eye pop technique - may have got a little overboard/oversaturated ?!?

#3 was a bit of a disaster - the shirts are totally blown out, the contrast is a bit too much also but I thought it would be good to show the approaching menacing swan :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.