Attending my first workshop in PEI

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by micsavoie, Apr 16, 2007.

1. micsavoie

micsavoie

Mar 14, 2006
    Canada
    I'll be going to shoot in Prince Edward Island this summer... more exactly in July. I'll be taking a workshop with John Sylvester, an internationally published photographer based in PEI, Canada. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Prince+Edward+Island&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=9&ll=46.460566,-63.182373&spn=1.311131,2.570801&om=1

This is my first workshop and I'm trilled. PEI is such an amazing place... it's a must. Just by visiting the visitors guide http://www.gov.pe.ca/visitorsguide/ you can see how stunning the place is. To go on the Island you can use the longest bridge which is quite impressive. I never seen it in real life but I heard it was simply WOW (http://www.confederationbridge.com/

Within walking distance are fields, farmlands, ocean, pine forests and marshlands. Within biking distance are cranberry bogs, a fishing fleet and two active wharfs, distinctive architecture, century homes, 3-story barns and the oldest lighthouse on the island. Within easy Driving distance are vineyards, ferries, The wild Gulf of St. Lawrence, National seashore parks and Charlottetown, the provincial capitial...where you will find great dining, excellent entertainment and a real insight into PEI's culture.

For more info you can just google "Maritime Photo Workshops"
    Cheers:smile:

2. This sounds like a wonderful workshop - perfect time of year for PEI. If you're so inclined, don't forget your golf clubs - golfing on the edge of the ocean is terrific there!

3. This should be an awesome experience! I look forward to your thoughts afterwards.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Sounds great Micael! I just did my first professional workshop last week. I think working with a master is the best way to take the next step, and Sylvester seems to know his stuff! Be sure and tell us all about it.

5. micsavoie

micsavoie

Mar 14, 2006
    Canada
    Oh Yeah!
    I will definitely post my feedback here about that workshop... and some pictures too! :eek:)

It's only in July but I just can't wait.
    I'll keep you posted

6. micsavoie

micsavoie

Mar 14, 2006
    Canada
    I heard there's a few spots left for this workshop if someone is interested.

7. I've read about his workshops. It should be a really nice experience.

8. Oh... and hi Mic. :biggrin: