Attention All Snake Lovers

Discussion in 'Birds' started by David Collignon, May 5, 2005.

1. I had the opportunity of going north of Winnipeg to a place called Narcisse. Narcisse is home to one of the world largest collection of garter snakes. These snakes hibernate in the underground caves through the winter months and surface in early May for their mating ritual.They then leave the dens for the summer months and travel into marsh areas approixmately 60 miles around this area only to return in the fall to hibernate. There have been as many as 20,000 garter snakes at any one time in the caves. It was incredible to witness and if the weather is good we will go back this weekend to get more photos.
    42983318. [/img]

2. Sorry I think I messed up putting the photo in.Can somebody let me know how it's done

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    David,

Your link had an extra [/img] after your URL, but that shouldn't have prevented your picture from displaying. When I tried to view the image directly in my browser from pbase, it gave me an error.

Can you check the actual link?

4. Snakes

Thanks Frank. I think it works now
    [​IMG][/list]

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I get a password box when I click your link. Is it possible that your image is in a protected folder on pbase?

6. Shouldn't be.
    I will go through it with Doug Barber when he gets home rather than frustrate everybody.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    David,

I have to step away from my computer for about an hour. I'll look at this when I get back on-line if you don't have it figured out by then.

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    David,

You aren't frustrating anyone. We'll get it figured out. 8)

I'll be back on line in about an hour.