Attention Hockey Players: Need some help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gr8Tr1x, May 12, 2007.

1. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I'm in need of some hockey tape advice. I need to wrap my flash bracket with some sort of non-abrasive tape. Something that will not leak its adhesive residue out onto the outside while I'm holding it.

The adhesive rubber on my Demb flash bracket has come loose, and I just want to remove it and replace it with something else. The first thing I thought of was hockey tape. I suppose that bicycle handlebar tape might be fine too....anyone with experience in this regard, I would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks.

2. Lets play heads up hockey and keep yer stick on da hice!:rolleyes:
    Gaffers tape would fill the bill, me thinks.....:wink:

3. Hockey tape will after a month or two leave a nasty residue, Wouldn't recommend it
    Electricians tape is pretty good for not leaving anything behind, Not very grippy though, I use it to tape my back 2 flash contacts to get Flash sync's above 1/500 on my D50 and D70s, never had any residue

Also 3M makes a blue tape that is supposed to guaruntee nothing left even after 3 weeks (apparently better than Electricians tape i guess?) Depends if you need grip or not because its very similar in feel to electricians.

4. genera

genera

Oct 6, 2005
    California
    3M makes a product called "Scotch 130C - Linerless Rubber Splicing Tape". It's a rubber tape that bonds to itself when it's stretched and wrapped over itself. There is no adhesive at all so no adhesive residue. Once it sets you can't unravel it. If the time comes when you do want to remove it you'll have to cut it off. The stuff I have is 0.030" thick so the depth of your wrap will build up quickly. If you can't find it locally it's available on ebay, search for Scotch 130C.

5. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    I kind of like your handle bar tape idea. Thicker than tape and it's meant to be gripped. Never thought of that, but I might try that if I'm in a similar situation.
    Hockey tape is definitely out, besides leaving a mess, it's sticky on the outside, too. At least until you use it a bit.

6. e30mike

e30mike Guest

I was going to say Jaybird hockey tape is good (black is strongest), but those other suggestions sound like they are better.

7. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I found something similar at Wal-Mart, made by Duck Brand. I have never seen this stuff before, but it's very cool, and non-adhesive. I just finished wrapping my bracket in it. I don't know how it will hold up, but it has a nice rubbery texture, which is good. It's not slick like electrical tape. I would have overlooked it, but it sounded like what you were describing...thanks!