ATTENTION: New York City or New Jersey NikonCafe Members

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eng45ine, Jul 26, 2005.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I have been entering some of my images into the Kodak Photo-of-the-Day Contest and I was just notified that one of my images was chosen as photo of the day on Saturday, August 6, 2005. They post the daily P.O.D. image on their webpage and it also appears every few minutes on the Kodak Gallery in Times Square, New York. Are there any members that live in reasonable proximity to Times Square that might be willing to snap me an image or two of my shot on the "big screen"??? I have no earthly idea where Time Square is in New York City, so please excuse my ignorance if this is tough to accomplish.

I would truly appreciate the favor......

2. Congratulation, Frank! Unfortunately I am too far away and can't help you.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Phil...I was thrilled to read that Kodak chose my image, quite a nice little honor. And it's okay that you can't take a few snaps for me, I can only imagine what that airfare would cost!!! Maybe someone else could pop over and shoot some for me.

4. I won't guarantee I will get there but I will try, I am around 50miles away and have to work all day that day! I will also ask a few friends in NYC if they might be able to grab the shot for me if I can't get there. Bummer it's not this weekend, I have a job in NYC to take a few photos!:roll:

One question is what does the shot look like! :lol:

...and a BIG congratulations!!

5. faenix

faenix

Jun 21, 2005
    Bayside, NY
    I live about 30 minutes away. Tell me where and how I can take the snapshot and I will try my best to.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the offer guys, I appreciate the offer and hope that it all works out. Supposedly, the image will be on there screen every few minutes throughout the day on Saturday, August 6. It sounds like it could make for a nice image to have...I would matte and frame it for sure!!! This is the image that they will be using....

"I Believe I Can Fly"

Thanks so very much for your consideration, I know that there are no guarantees that either of you can make it, but I truly appreciate that you would even offer...thanks so much.

7. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Wish I could go there for you...... on the front of the New York Marriott Marquis building at 1535 Broadway, between 45th & 46th streets in Times Square.

KODAK_TIMESSQUAREGAL_1_L.

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for offering the image, Ken. You can understand how nice it would be to have an image of that display with my image. It's a nice honor that have my image chosen and I would really cherish an image of it on their display.

How far is S.F. from Times Square anyway?!?!?!?!?!?!? :shock:

9. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Frank!! This is great! Congratulations. Its well deserved.

Cheers,

10. Way to go Frank, that is an honor. The chosen image is a great one with lots of action. I too liked this image when you posted it on this site earlier.

11. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Congrats Frank! I've always thought you are a talented photographer....nice to see you recognized as such! Keep it up....who knows, might just be Sports Illustrated or some other mag you might get published in next!!!

12. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Congratulations Frank
    That is truly an honor do you have any idea how many pictures they go through. It has always been a secret wish of mine to make it up on the big screen in times square. I too liked this picture when you posted it you have {the eye} good job.

13. ...a fantastic shot!!!

14. Congratulations Frank! And a great shot too!

My Saturdays are generally filled up, but I may have a chance to grab a few shots for you. Hopefully one of us can get a pic...

15. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks everyone for your kind words, it means more to me than you would know. I was in the right place, at the right time and shot a few bursts to get a decent image. Dave (dbirdsong) recommended that I submit it on Kodak's site, so I did...received an e-mail from the judges yesterday with the great news. I have received the images of what Kodak's display looks like...I hope to be able to get an image when mine is up there. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Thanks so much everyone!!!

16. mf44

mf44

Jun 4, 2005
    NJ & MD
    Hi Frank,

Congratulations on the selection! What a cool place to see your picture!

If I'm on the island on the 6th I'll try and make it over to Times Square and grab a few snaps. I've been meaning to go to the Cooper-Hewitt and the 6th sounds as good a day as any, and even though Time Square isn't all that close, I'd wouldn't have a problem making a detour for a fellow cafe member.

Hmm, maybe all us NY/NJ area cafe guys should make this a get together, hahah. Then you'd be sure to have an abundance of shots!

Anyways, congratulations again!

17. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for your consideration to my request...I hope it will work out. I appreciate everyone's kind words and willingness to getting me a few snaps.

18. Good going, Frank! Well, you can't get more exposure of a great shot than Times Square in NYC!!! *LOL* Sure hope so one can grab you a screenshot for you. Cheers, S

19. papa85

papa85 Guest

Congratulations Frank! :D :D I told you that you can teach me a whole bunch of thing. I hope you are riding high, you deserve it. GREAT job. Called Nikon, camera is done, in quality control today, should be shipped in a day or two. I'll let you know if I will be able to accompany you up to shoot at the Chicago Bears Training camp. Again, Way To Go :wink:

20. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Tony and congrats to you as well almost getting your camera back. Didn't make it to camp today because they changed the practice times...maybe next week. I shot HS baseball instead. Met Randy Brown (former Bulls guard) at the game. We'll talk and set something up for sure.