Attila the Hummer

Discussion in 'Birds' started by DW Brewer, May 6, 2007.

1. The hummers have returned, and, as usual, we have one male that totally dominates all the feeders. Yesterday this guy drove a (rival) male into the screen at the window where I was watching. The poor bird made a hole in the screen with his bill, struggled to get free (while Attile lit on the screen and watched) then got chased from the garden by Attila. Not super images as I don't have a flash unit yet (I will be rectifying that shortly), so I upped the iso and used exisitng light.

A hover shot off the feeder

Talking some serious hummingbird smack

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice
    Hard to shoot

3. We just saw "Night at the Museum" over the weekend, yes if it is not obvious I have a VERY strange sense of humor, and seeing "Attila the Hummer" is hilarious. If you see the movie, and you should it is an absolute hoot, remember the "talking smack" when you see Attila in the movie :biggrin: :biggrin:

These are cool. Because of shots like these that so many of you post, I have decided to give up on Hummers, because you all make me feel so inferior :redface: :redface: :wink:

Keep it up, they are tough little beasties to catch well, great job. Oh, yeah, if I were you I wouldn't try to eat his food, that looks like a pretty wicked little weapon he wields .....