Audi R8

Very nice shots brings back memories, I was invited by Audi UK to Berlin for a pre launch test drive of this latest R8 model on their race track, although this went in exhilarating fashion I was the first driver on the planet to practically write one off, it all went wrong in the centre of Berlin, 'wrong side of the road for normal people'. It is one great car and the £160,000 version just has to be seen.

IMHO, they look as if something was off with the originals and you edited them this way to salvage them, is this what happened? Beautiful car and a nice setting but, these are off, Andrew we all have seen better from you.

IMHO, they look as if something was off with the originals and you edited them this way to salvage them, is this what happened? Beautiful car and a nice setting but, these are off, Andrew we all have seen better from you.

Actually, this set was taken under near flawless circumstances (overcast, magic hour), and I have between 20 and 40 shots for each angle (different apertures, polarizations, and all 5-shot brackets 1EV apart). I didn't take any chances since I would only have one shoot with the car.

What you're seeing as "off", I see as "on". This set is very nearly perfect for my style, but certainly won't be to everyone's liking. Remember, "better" is a subjective term, not an objective term, and honestly, I'm glad it's that way, otherwise photography would get rather boring...lol. Thanks for your honest comments!

I love the shots for the artistic value, but I do feel that as far as showcasing the car, the photos came up a little short.

With that said, you wrote that you were shooting for emotion, not representation, which is what these photos achieve with a dark and almost sinister mood. So keeping that in mind, I think these photos work very well with the outcome you had in mind.

Actually, this set was taken under near flawless circumstances (overcast, magic hour), and I have between 20 and 40 shots for each angle (different apertures, polarizations, and all 5-shot brackets 1EV apart). I didn't take any chances since I would only have one shoot with the car.

What you're seeing as "off", I see as "on". This set is very nearly perfect for my style, but certainly won't be to everyone's liking. Remember, "better" is a subjective term, not an objective term, and honestly, I'm glad it's that way, otherwise photography would get rather boring...lol. Thanks for your honest comments!

I like the car of course, the composition & location are great. Looking closer is the darkness and reflections on the car that bother me. I cant help but think how great these would look if the colors were there.
I do agree that photography would be incredibly boring if individuals didnt express how they viewed things, in the way they captured them.

I love the inky blackness that you've instilled into these and have no issue with your decision to shoot the car this way!

Great work!

looks great Andrew,
What was your Exif? iso, f/s lens

Today I was posting on someones 60mm AF-s vs D, then I realized I wanted a 50mm 1.4D. $330 impulse buy, owell :)
I'm shooting NASCAR Pepsi 400 this weekend at California speedway Press credentials :)

The EXIF should be on all the pix; D700 + 200ƒ2 @ ƒ2 + ISO 200.

thanks A

you like that 200mm f2, looks great
I've read lens often have Chromatic aberration wide open, in bright sunlight and contrasting areas
what have you found?

Your Exif info....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/visualechos/5541636951/

Bad JPEG file head, SOI marker not found: 0x3c 0x21
Status = -1

Unable to extract some or all of the EXIF data, which may have been removed from the image file.

#2 & 4 are money! Excellent job!

I disagree with p27rpy. I think it is some of your best work. It totally fits you style and I love the way you shoot automobiles. Great stuff. Keep it coming!

Latest threads

Top Bottom