Auditioning with the 85/1.4

I was interviewed today by a young couple looking for a photog for their September wedding. I'll be sending them a quote, and took a few sample pics to include with it. I use the Cream Machine for auditions, because it produces images that make me appear to be a better photographer than I actually am.

Meet the lovely bride, Amanda,

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

... and her groom, John.

View attachment 90765

Amanda's kitty cat was a interested spectator.

View attachment 90766

And here's the handsome couple.

View attachment 90767

I'm counting on these samples land me the job.

G

Gr8Tr1x

Composition looks good and exposures are all good except in the last (the hot spot in the center draws my eye away from their faces).

The cat picture is really nice and very sharp. I know that they will be pleased with that one!

Focus appears to be off though in the 1st, 2nd and 4th pictures. Did you use flash at all? A nice catchlight in the eyes for the 1st and 4th would also go a long way. The catchlights in the grooms pic are very nice though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree that the focus point seems to be too far back; the eyes are not quite as sharp.

But these have got to be the first pics I have ever see you post that were not tack sharp!

Thanks for the feedback, Ken. I submitted these pictures to see them through others' eyes. I've decided to only attach two pics to my qoute... a re-edited version of the couple shot, and the kittycat.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 90769

I love that kitty picture; and that says a lot, because I think cats make good targets to shoot.......... with projectiles :biggrin:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom