Aunt Grandma's Roses (2photos)

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by cajun angel, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Today is the birthday of a very dear friend - she's helped us through so many tough times! When I took her home from our b-day luncheon, she cut these roses for me. I'm trying to do something really special to them, I hope to give her a print. Anyway, this is what I've done thus far.........

Version 1
    2869235238_eda0064916_b.jpg
    Version 2
    2868405173_0b49ed67bc_b.png

2. Both look great Dianne .... I think though I prefer the softness of #1. I'm sure she will love either one .....

Best,

3. Thanks Bob! I'm thinking about putting a poem with it and then frame the whole thing in a shadow box frame. I like #1 too because of the coloration. Funny thing, I used flash and I can't hardly tell I had any lighting on it.

4. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    I like the first one Dianne, the second feels cold.

5. Thanks! I've already begun the 2nd stage of my creation - poetry that will be to the side of the rose and yep, I'm using #1. The more I play with ps the more I'm starting to really enjoy it!

6. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I like the first one...very nice.

7. Thanks Seneca! I'm working on putting a poem with it, but my poetry skills are so rusty! I may have to cheat and find something written by someone else. Glad you liked it!