1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Aunt Grandma's Roses (2photos)

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by cajun angel, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Today is the birthday of a very dear friend - she's helped us through so many tough times! When I took her home from our b-day luncheon, she cut these roses for me. I'm trying to do something really special to them, I hope to give her a print. Anyway, this is what I've done thus far.........

Version 1
    2869235238_eda0064916_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Version 2
    2868405173_0b49ed67bc_b.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Both look great Dianne .... I think though I prefer the softness of #1. I'm sure she will love either one .....

Best,

3. Thanks Bob! I'm thinking about putting a poem with it and then frame the whole thing in a shadow box frame. I like #1 too because of the coloration. Funny thing, I used flash and I can't hardly tell I had any lighting on it.

4. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    I like the first one Dianne, the second feels cold.

5. Thanks! I've already begun the 2nd stage of my creation - poetry that will be to the side of the rose and yep, I'm using #1. The more I play with ps the more I'm starting to really enjoy it!

6. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I like the first one...very nice.

7. Thanks Seneca! I'm working on putting a poem with it, but my poetry skills are so rusty! I may have to cheat and find something written by someone else. Glad you liked it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.