Aussie critters

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by TomP, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Vicious stinging things, seems every thing will hurt or kill you down here.

Spitfire Caterpillar : Doratifera vulnerans. Australia .
    original.

Small bull ant.
    original.

69 MM , hand held and wind blowing In the roaring 40s

• Like Like x 2
  2. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

You're there! And good grief those are some ugly critters! Great shooting, though!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Hi Lyndee, just wish I had switched to the 7100 for these shots, my friend was holding the limb, lucky to get anything worth posting. We were in the back country on a track, very steep and rough. The Bulll ant was on a 5 foot termite mound. This is not a normal tourist trip, we are very close to seeing the real Aistralia. I am fasinated by their irrigation systems and cattle prodution, things that do not lend themseles to images it bits and peices. Yes you were so right about the color of the grass.

• Wow Wow x 1
  4. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Nice, little sprinkle of sugar ... yum :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. And washed down with some Carlo Rossi! :smuggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  6. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Yes, I will have to remember that for a special occasion, like Monday or ... Tuesday

7. Please do, enjoy amd exsplain to ER doc. :) Off now and on a road trip.

8. So Tom,
    Have you tried vegemite yet??

9. I might be one of the few living humans on the NA continent who likes Vegemite.

10. I've never had it bit if I were to ever go down under I would have to at least try it.
    Hmmm.
    Might be something Amazon has.

11. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Truly, you must be. I tried that stuff when I was in Australia back in '14. It smelled like roofing tar and tasted even worse. :hungover:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Keeps me young and regular :ROFLMAO::D

13. Vegemite is for the insects Tom posted and Bundy Rum or even a 4xxxx.

Cheers

14. I was inoculated with vegemite some 7 years ago with required photos. The directions of spread thinly, should have been stated in microns. I guess I will be a good sport and try some more before we leave, vegemite will grow mold after 7 years in Georgia. We are in what he calls the bush in a back roads route to Sydney, are going into Canberra. Have hit every wool shop along the way .

15. Well there are always Australian vampire bats..

original.

16. I know you have always been a bit odd, guess that is why I have always liked you.

17. Ditto! :joyful:

18. Quite an assortment of critters. The small bull ant has a deceptively cute face!