autartic Trekking in Sweden/Lapoina - lots of pics

Hi all,
just came back from my vacation and want to share some pics. I was in the northern part of Sweden also known as Lapoina. Once you entered into the NP, there is no infrastructure for hikers, no huts, no bridges and only a view paths witch are mainly used from the animals. The weather was the most of the time very bad for photography, like rain, grey in grey, very strong wind and even a snowstorm in summer time. The only advantage of the bad weather was, that the mosquitos are not that present. But the weather was of course not all the time bad. Because of the weight of the backpack I didn't took a tripod with me. Very often I used a full drybag on top of the backpack, just as a beanbag. I took with me a D300, AF-S 16-85/3.5-5,6 VR and the AF-S 70-300/4.5-5.6 VR. The animal pics where all made in the night (midsummer) with ISO 800 and TV between 1/40 to 1/120 and mirror lock up.

I hope you enjoy them.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 391418

View attachment 391419

View attachment 391420

Thanks for looking.

Great landscapes, looks like quite the hike to get those shots! Love the first rainbow picture, and how it follows the mountain as it arcs up!

Only critique myself is that the masking on a couple caused the tops of the mountains a few times to be a little dark. Its just noticeable, and doesn't hurt the pictures. Just a nitpick!

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for looking! thanks for showing wish I was with you.
Oh yes, it was a perfect adventure. Thanks for yor comment.

Great scenery Peter - I am sure you will be talking about this trip for a long time..
Thanks a lot.

Spectacular - what scenery! Thanks for showing these - they're great!
Yes, it was not always easy. The fact, that there are no serviced paths or bridges makes it some how more interessting but also more difficult.
Thanks for your comment.

Great landscapes, looks like quite the hike to get those shots! Love the first rainbow picture, and how it follows the mountain as it arcs up!

Only critique myself is that the masking on a couple caused the tops of the mountains a few times to be a little dark. Its just noticeable, and doesn't hurt the pictures. Just a nitpick!
Thanks for your comment.

Nice series, with out this web site I would never see these views.

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Thanks for sharing! When I was young:frown::frown:, I used to go every year camping in the north of Sweden/Norway/Finland for about 6 weeks. Lovely landscapes there!
Brings back a lot of memories, thanks again!

Wow..fantastic series. The rainbow shots are AWESOME! Looks like a beautifully, unspoiled area. I would love to pitch my tent anywhere in those landscape shots!!
Hauling the D300 and lenses was worth it to get those shots. Thanks for sharing terrific scenery in some great captures.

-Bill

Hey, very nice pics here, congrats!
Cheers
Thanks for sharing! When I was young:frown::frown:, I used to go every year camping in the north of Sweden/Norway/Finland for about 6 weeks. Lovely landscapes there!
Brings back a lot of memories, thanks again!
Wow..fantastic series. The rainbow shots are AWESOME! Looks like a beautifully, unspoiled area. I would love to pitch my tent anywhere in those landscape shots!!
Hauling the D300 and lenses was worth it to get those shots. Thanks for sharing terrific scenery in some great captures.

-Bill
Fantastic set of pictures! #2 and #7 really reach out at me.
Great photos - love them all! What a beautiful region! :smile:
What a sight that is! Great shots. Love the picture with the tent.
Nice series. Awesome scenery.
Hi Peter,
great series! I was almost freezing when looking at #2 and #3 :smile:.
It looks like you had a great trip Peter. The images you came back with show the beauty of the area very well. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

God Bless,
David
Breathtaking! Thank You For Sharing!!!

Thank you all very, very much for your comments!!!
Some how I get some times a mail that I got a comment and some times not.
That's why I am a bit late with my answere, sorry. I was really surprised as I checked now, that I had so many comments.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom