Autumn, a beautiful season for landscapes

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Roosje, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    My first serieus attempts to take landscape photos. The surroundings of Hilversum was one of the favorite places of dutch artists in the first half of the 20th century, the autumn was their favorite period of the year, l now understand why. :smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Roosje

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2005
  2. Roosje:

Very nice first attempt at landscape. I would like to offer two suggestions:

1. In the first image, since the sky is very blank, I would have cut most of it out. you did this better in the second image. I would have cropped the first image a little bit above the tree line.

2. Composition. I would have liked more of line for my eyes to follow. The first two are a bit too open for me, my eye wanders too much. The third image begins to show a line with the diagonals found in the field.

Hope this helps.
    Gil

3. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Thank you very much for the suggestions, I will take it serieusly in mind. I am in the midst of cooking :biggrin: and will take more time later in the evening to find out what you are saying :smile:

Roosje