Autumn at Highway Speeds

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by gbenic, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Way cool Greg. Makes me a tad woozy tho :^)

2. Thanks for the comments. It was just something that I wanted to try. My wife held the steering wheel for me. Of course, she thought that I was insane!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well we know your insane....lololol
    (along with a bunch of us)

Looks great. Save that for backdrops for other images :>)))))

4. Cool effect, it's a great way to explore photo abstraction without actually tossing the camera as some do http://cameratoss.blogspot.com/. Zooming in with a very low shutter speed is another way to obtain interesting results.
    Your image shows numerous dust bunnies on the sensor. You could consider cleaning it ?

5. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Very nice picture effect. It worked out great. Beautiful colors - it was well worth the effort.

P.S.: At a speed of around 150 mph, you could open the aperture wide enough so the dust bunnies won't show up:smile: .

6. Love the effect, hate the CCD boogers :wink: Can't hide them anymore, get your cleaning kit out!! *LOL*

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Leave the spots for the net. That way no one will swipe it.lololol

8. Thanks for the additional comments.

I do have a question about the dust bunnies, though. They only show up on the "highway" photos with a shutter speed of 1/5-1/6. I don't see them on my other images, unless they are hiding in the background. Is it still a dust issue, or something else?

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Actually they dont look like dust bunnies to me. Just some black spots in the scene perhaps. Like stuff flying through the air maybe :>))))

cheers

10. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Greg, the dust bunnies show up because of the f22 aperture. I guess you usually don't shoot at such settings. With wider apertures the bunnies go away. The best way to check is this: Take a white paper and make shure you got plenty of light on it. Put the focus on manual and set it to far (so to make sure the paper is not in focus). Put the aperture at highest number (f22 or more, if you have) and take a picture from close distance. On your computer, enlarge to 100% and scan the "picture" systematically for (dark) spots, that is, the little dust bunnies.

Of course your lens should be clean, though I doubt it will show up as clear as the dust bunnies.

Good luck.

11. Thanks for the explanation, Heiko. I will give it a shot.

12. I like your picture so much that i will try that next year.