1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Autumn colors by Nikkor AIS 50/1.2

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by pforsell, Sep 4, 2008.

1. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    Sorbus Aucuparia aka European Rowan.

Nikkor AIS 50/1.2 @ f/4

2831047970_bb47ea5caa_o.
    NIKON D200    ---    50mm    f/4.0    1/500s    ISO 100

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008
  2. Great colors

Great colors, I am actually using this lens today and love it.

3. moffo

moffo

Oct 20, 2005
    Central TX
    I just picked up a beautiful copy of the Ais version to test against the Ai version. Hope to have some shots soon.

4. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Nice colours Peter, glad to see your enjoying the lens

5. Grear pic peter, very bold. if thats autumn colours i need to get out of london and go there. :) 

6. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Beautiful image. I agree the colors are super.

7. Beautiful color Peter. What do you consider the biggest advantage of the f/1.2 over the f/1.4 AI-S, aside from 1/3 stop?

8. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    Hi,

the three reasons for me getting the f/1.2 over the f/1.4 were 9 aperture blades over 7, the 0.3 stop difference and the ready availability of the f/1.2 since I bought it new. Looks like the AIS f/1.4 is hard to get new, perhaps because of the popularity of the AF version.

Thanks all for kind comments regarding the shot.

9. Very nice color and sharp image.

10. Thanks Peter. I guess my question should really be this...

Since I primarily use the 105mm f/2.5 for portraiture and rarely shoot at apertures larger than f/4, do you still think it's advantageous to have the f/1.8 or is there really only going to be a difference at wide apertures and for shallow depth of field and bokeh? I'm sure I don't have to tell you this but even the f/2.5 has beautiful and very smooth bokeh.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.