Autumn in Central Maryland

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Walter, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    DE0EEAE6-0B6E-4BF8-B43E-7389183734D3. Taken this morning on the way to work.
    Nikon D850 + Nikon 24-70/2.8E + Circular Polarizer
    ISO 64, f/16, 4 seconds

• Like Like x 4
  2. Just enough blur in the water to make it interesting. Good job.

3. Nice. Location?

4. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Gregg Road off Route 97 (Georgia Ave) north of Brookeville.

5. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Thanks!

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  6. microsnook

microsnook

Aug 24, 2011
    FL
    Lovely colors, I like the green moss with the yellow leaves. Shooting moving water is always so much fun.

7. Finding uncrowded waterfalls in MD is a bit of a challenge (Great Falls and Cunningham Falls come to mind). There is one in Rocks, near the PA border.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Thanks! I really wanted that flowing water too.

9. That's a great image, Walter - I never get shots that good driving to work! (Plus we have about a foot of snow on the ground so the leaves aren't showing up in any shots??!?)

Sean

• Like Like x 1
  10. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Thanks Sean!

11. Nice shot!

12. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Thanks!

13. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Really a nice shot! Great fall color and you handled the water perfectly. I would clone out that white post in the center left of the photo.....being white it really attracts the eye .

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Really nice shot, abstracting beauty from a commute.
    We ought to get all the people in this area together for coffee some morning.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    I would be up for that.

16. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Thanks Karen. I considered that too. Will have a go at that.

17. Beautiful image...just the right amount of motion in the water. Great colors and details.

Glenn

18. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Thanks Glenn!

19. Nice pic and I agree re the water. Can't make my mind up whether that's a white post or a gap in the trees or even a silver birch.

20. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Ding, ding, ding, ding! You win the prize. This morning I opened the raw file again and zoomed to 100% view expecting to "heal" out a white post and it is indeed a gap between the trees and the "white" is sky showing through. Here is a 100% zoom view showing a smaller gap on the left edge of this screenshot and a taller one on the right edge. I do agree with the comments that it attracts the eye and thus is a distraction. I cannot decide whether to heal it out or leave it. I'll try healing it out and then decide whether to leave it.

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 6.59.00 AM.