Autumn in Central Park

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Nov 6, 2005.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Here are a series of panoramas taken with my old and trusty D100. A tripod was used and they were stitched with Realviz Stitcher 5. I know, my brain is locked in pano mode :smile:

The Lake and Bow Bridge - nikkor 50mm, 7 image panorama
    original.

Naumberg Bandshell 360 - nikkor 12-24, 12 image panorama
    View attachment 17770

Gapstow Bridge - nikkor 35-70, 4 image panorama
    View attachment 17771

The San Remo Apartments - nikkor 35-70, 5 image panorama
    original.

Bethesda Fountain - nikkor 35-70, 6 image panorama
    View attachment 17773

The Lake and Central Park West - nikkor 35-70, 3 image panorama
    View attachment 17774

An Autumn Morning in Central Park - nikkor 35-70, 5 image panorama
    View attachment 17775

The Boat Landing - nikkor 35-70, 3 image panorama
    View attachment 17776

Regards

RFC

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2005
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gorgeous stuff again Robert.
    Feels like i am there.

3. Neat, Robert....love the colors...like 'em all :smile:

4. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    RFC,
    Very impressive pieces of work, just love it.
    Did you use any pano head ? How ong does it take to stick each picture, ie (Naumberg Bandshell 360) Do you have to use any other software beside Realviz Stitcher 5 . I use version 4 and gave up

5. Great captures Robert. I would love to visit Central Park someday. A person could get so many pics to last a lifetime.

6. Beautiful panos, well done.... I love Central Park, but have only seen it in spring and summer. These are definitely winners - you could sell these to tourists!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2005
  7. Robert
    You are definately setting the standard in pano work on here. these are fabulous
    Dave

8. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    The Panoramas

Hi Robert,

For me number 1 is the best pano I have seen.

You have this off to a fine art - just stunning.

Very best wishes

Ray

9. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Simply stunning! You made me want to buy a 30" widescreen after seeing your last pano post, but now I think I need a 60".

10. Great images, Robert!

11. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Gale, MGlennn, Fishsauce, Catz, TOLady,Dmwphoto, RayGuselli, Heiko, Nburwell,

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Central Park is one of a kind and these images really don't do it justice in regards to its beauty.
    This session was the first time I actually ran around the park with a tripod. Definitely got a good workout that day.

Fishsauce, I dont own a panorama head but I will probably purchase one in the future. The Naumberg Bandshell image was actually a quick stich because I resized the images before stitiching. It only took 5 minutes max. I really like realviz stitcher because of its ability to produce panos in PSD format complete with layers and masks. This allows for easy corrections of ghosting, and other artifacts in photoshop. I recently upgraded from version 4 to version 5 and I really like version's 5 autostitch function. The major downside of this program is it is extremely overpriced. However, for my amateur novice experience level, it does produce a nice image.

I also use panorama factory and I have gotten some nice results from this inexpensive program.

Thanks again everyone

Regards

RFC

12. I saw these over at dpreview and really liked them. It's nice to see the 35-70 being showcased so nicely! Great shots!