Autumn is arriving

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Terri French, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    My husband and I just returned from a wonderful 2 day trip. We drove from Idaho Falls, through Grand Teton NP, the east side of Yellowstone Park, out the northeast entrance and up to the top of Bear Tooth Pass (can't get all the way across because of a mud slide last spring), down the Chief Joseph Scenic Byway to Cody Wyoming, and back east to Yellowstone Park, to Mammoth Hot Springs and home.

It was a lot of driving and I took over 300 photos. We saw some of the most gorgeous country you can find anywhere. I have a lot of work to do--only about 10 photos edited so far. The last three are fairly close to my home--just ones I have been wanting to do in early morning and they happened to be on our way to Teton Park.

Oxbow Bend in Grand Teton NP

Morning Mist on the Snake River

An couple of old houses I have been wanting to photograph at sunrise.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Terri,

You absolutely have to print and frame that second shot! It is about the most beautiful thing I've seen...You definitely have an eye for landscapes (something I'm afraid I don't :frown: ). Truly a series worth posting....can't wait to see the rest you took...please don't keep us waiting too long!!!!!

3. Excellent images Terri. The picture of the Grand Tetons at Ox Bow is wonderful and will make a great wall print. Same goes for image #2.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gorgeous Terri, Just gorgeous.

Thank you for sharing and look foward to the next 200 :>))

5. Beautiful job Terri. I will be heading that way in a couple of days as well. Sure hope some fall colors will start showing up. What time of day was the first picture taken? I have heard that there can be hundreds of photogs there in the early morning. I hope I have room to set up.

6. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Very nice series Terri, the second one stands out, stunning picture!!!

7. Terri, those first two are just gorgeous! Wish I could take a two day drive and see scenery like this. Thanks for taking us along! :smile:

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

8. Wow....beautiful :smile:

9. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Absolutely beautiful scenery, Terri! Great shots! Number 2 is exceptional, but they are all wonderful!

10. Excellent shots

Good landscapes ...

I need to go there too ... I need money ... :)

11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    We were actually at Oxbow Bend at 10 a.m. There were a few people there taking photos but not hundreds. I imagine that at sunrise there are more. We were there on a Monday morning which helps too.

Hope you have a great trip. Have you considered driving up the Bear Tooth Pass? It was my first time there and I was IMPRESSED. I will be posting some photos from there soon. You can't go all the way across, but you can drive in 29 miles. It was some of the most spectacular scenery I have ever seen. The Chief Joseph Scenic Byway from the Bear Tooth Pass to Cody, Wyoming was also spectacular.

12. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I sure appreciate all of you commenting on my photos. I am working away on the rest of them and will be posting some more soon. We traveled the Beartooth Highway for my first time and it was amazing. I can't wait to share my pictures from there!!! I hope I did the area justice.

13. Nice shooting Terri! I love number 1, which lens do you use?

Anthony

14. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Anthony,
    I used the 18-70mm kit lens with my D70, plus a Hoya polarizer.

15. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Your landscapes are your trademark, Terri. The clarity and colors are just wonderful.

16. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautifful scenery Terri.

Ben

17. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    You are very kind, Leigh. I do love landscape photography, but I am learning to love people shots almost as much. I just live in an area where the landscape is fantastic. My husband loves to drive around and I love to take pictures, so it works great for us.

18. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Gordon,
    Thank you for the comments. I would love to frame the Oxbow shot. I had to crop it a bit to straighten the horizon. How big do you think I could enlarge it?

19. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I'm laughing because I can guarantee that there won't be 200 worth sharing. If I can get 30 or 40 good shots, I will be happy.

Thanks Gale

20. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Hans

Glad you enjoyed that shot of the Oxbow Bend. Hope you can see it in person someday. It is a gorgeous spot.