Autumn is here to stay

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by nfoto, Oct 18, 2005.

1. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Hoare frost covering the ground this morning, that's the harbinger of inevitable times to come. But frost on a puddle, fallen leaves, and a very low almost grazing angle of the morning sun made it to start this day with a few shots nevertheless. So I could a few minutes later drink my still warm morning coffee and browse the image files on my network server (the wireless WT-2 had transmitted all the images already while I was outside my house).

At least the colours are enamourable if not the ambient temperature,

Camera: Nikon D2X
    Lens: Oude Delft Rayxar 65 mm f/0.75

2. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    As my kids would say - awesome.

3. JayR

JayR

Jul 6, 2005
    Redmond, WA.
    Is this IR?

Really cool. I can "see" the stem of a leaf (?) coming down from the top left BUT what are those two "butterfly wing"like objects on the sides? I will keep contemplating until you reply :)

Please do keep posting as I do find your work "different" and really interesting.

Regards,

4. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Plain "old-fashioned" visible light. When you shoot at close range with an f/0.75 lens, common-place subjects take on a new dimension entirely of their own. Reflections of light is a typical case. Also important is that such a lens has multiple "eye-points", it actually encircles the subject so the final image of the subject is a rendition made up from many different images. This is one of the most distinct features of such lenses and my main reason for using them. You'll never know what you are going to see through them.

Our eyes have far too great depth-of-field ever to observe subjects like this.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Bjorn,
    You continue to amaze me.

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. Wow...that shot is beautiful yet....not scary....but maybe shocking?
    Each time I see you've posted one of your shots, I prepare myself to be amazed more than ever. Each time I don't prepare enough.

Lucky people up North, I envy you. Down here it stopped being scorching hot about 2 weeks ago and turned into sauna mode...Monday and Tuesday were signs of hopefully coming cool and dry weather, but today was again wet enough to be borderline swim from class to class. Every window was coated in water, my F3 was covered in a film of condensation the moment I took it out, after over 5 minutes not a sign of un-fogging either.
    don't tell me how wonderful it must be to live in Miami, so nice and warm all year.... I'd just about kill for an actual autumn (or actual winter for that matter) down here. It's just going to be wetter and wetter and windier though.... Courtesy of Hurricane Wilma *rips hair out*
    That gets me thinking...this hurricane will delay my own lenses of this type.
    I'll do my first shot on the theme "Sorry, autumn has gone on strike" :wink: