Autumn lights on the river bank

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Elf_8, Oct 4, 2005.

1. I spent the entire afternoon this last Sunday watching a group of Canada geese grazing in the river. I will have a few posts of them, but here is a view of the late afternoon light along the river bank were I was standing.
    38611710-L-1.
    Nikon D70
    2005/10/02 17:51:23
    Compressed RAW (12-bit)
    Image Size: Large (3008 x 2000)
    Lens: 28-70mm F/2.8 D
    Focal Length: 38mm
    Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
    Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
    1/40 sec - F/3.5
    Exposure Comp.: -0.3 EV
    Sensitivity: ISO 200
    Optimize Image: Custom
    White Balance: Auto
    AF Mode: AF-S
    Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
    Color Mode: Mode Ia (sRGB)
    Tone Comp.: User-Defined Custom Curve
    Hue Adjustment: +3°
    Saturation: Enhanced
    Sharpening: Normal
    Image Comment:
    Long Exposure NR: Off

A Cokin Tobacco gradual filter was used.

2. Christian, this is very nice. I can never get my landscapes to look good. I have a good idea of what I want, I can see it when I take the shot, but it doesn't look "right" when put on the screen. Yours looks GREAT. I am envious.

Just out of curiosity, which custom curve do you use?

3. Thanks Greg. I could be so hard in criticizing this one : noisy chaotic branches, messy grey shore, lack of depth, no center of interest. Why did I post it ? Well I guess you can't say a maxim every sentence. You shouldn't refrain from risking your own posts - there is always more than meets the eye.

The custom curve is the fotogenetic_point_and_shoot_v41.ntc. It helps quite a lot in dealing with the highlights.
    You can have this and others here.

4. That's the kind of paysage you often encounter along the trails, very nicely done.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Christian,
    Amazing variety of colors.

Very pretty actually...With all the negative you threw in there. hummm I did not see it. I just like the image :>)))

6. Thanks Gale, I do like the picture too :wink:

7. Beautiful colors and the light is very nice also.