Autumn Splendor

Discussion in 'People' started by Chad Gladstone, Oct 2, 2005.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2005
  2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. While we agree on Autumn, what is "spendor" ? :rolleyes:

Nice pictures!

4. Hang on...fixed. Thanks, for catching that.

5. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Chad :

All well and good - I'm almost the same thing - but what's "splendor" ?

An ex-pat from El Grande Blanco Norte, not to mention someone who's been in the UK, would surely want that to be "splendour", eh ?

Sincerely, from your neighbour to the southeast of your state who labours in a place of beautiful colour. :tongue:

John P.

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

8. Some nice shots there the first one is really nice.

9. I am often tempted to put "ou," in words like "flavour," and "colour," as a tribute to my birth place even in legal pleadings - now I have one more to add - "splendour." Don't even get me started on aluminum/aluminium.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2005
  10. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Yes, but how do you say "schedule" ?

11. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Nice shots Chad. I like the second and especially the third best; first one the background is a bit bright for my taste.

Of course we have neither autumn nor fall here in Houston, daytime temps are still in the 90's. Supposed to drop to the 80's by the weekend if the cool front actually makes it here (last one they were predicting didn't). We'll get fall-like temperatures around December, although instead of lovely colors everything just fades to brown.

12. Chad,

Those 2 angels are your girls right?

Am I right to believe the one on the second picture looks like you? She has the very same smile (by remembering your first avatar).

13. In image one, I've contemplated burning the background highlights, but have not got around to it yet. I agree it is too bright. I should have boosted the flash exposure and dropped the overall exposure in post but I believe I was already at the 1/500 x-sync limit and was on the edge of clipping the highlights already. In fact I had to blend two exposures just to preserve the highlight detail already there as the background in probably 1/2 stop overexposed. Luminous landscape's digital blending action has been nothing short of a revelation to me to extend dynamic range.