AVG Anti-Spyware updates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beaucamera, Jun 1, 2007.

1. I'm having trouble getting AVG Anti-Spyware updates. I keep getting an error message that "the server is not ready to serve".

Anybody else having this problem?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

P.S. I'm using the free version, but hesitate to buy when the update feature appears to have problems.

2. Mine updates automatically every day and I have had no problems. I do have the full version.

3. Virginia, my last update happened at 1:00 am this morning and I did a manual update just now. Seems to be working for me. I have never had an issue with updates. Hope u can resolve the issue.

4. I'm using the full version on my desktop with no problems, and the free version on both my laptops with no problem.

5. bruceh4

bruceh4

Jan 16, 2006
    Loudon, TN
    No problem

I use the free version on 3 computers and have never had a problem with updates. It updates everyday.

6. Just tried, nope, no problem here. What version are you using? I have free version 7.5. you may have an older version they are not supporting now?

7. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Why yes, as a matter of fact I have that very problem occasionally.. though I am using the free version.
    Jarrell

8. What virus protection?

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    The anti spyware is not free. Only for 30 days:>))

The antivirus is free.

10. adrianaitken

adrianaitken Guest

Mine is busy 9 out of 10 attempts. Personally I reckon that their server only allows x number of free/trial connections at any one time.

11. Thank you one and all for your comments.
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has had trouble with updating the free version of AVG Anti-Spyware.

I tried updating using the manual mode on and off for about 10 hours. Then, low and behold, I was suddenly able to access the server and do the update.

I suspect Adrian may be right, but it would be nice if Grissoft would tell people that a manual update may not always work.

"Mine is busy 9 out of 10 attempts. Personally I reckon that their server only allows x number of free/trial connections at any one time."

Gale, check out this link. There is a free version of the AVG Anti-Spyware.
    http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1
    Be aware though, if you use it, there may be times when you cannot do a manual update.

Many thanks,
    Virginia
    aka beaucamera

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Free version is new.
    It used to be only for 30 days then buy.
    Thanks for the heads up

13. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    I have been having the same problem for a couple of months so I go to their web site and update it manually (for now). If I find out whats going on I will pass it on. - Jeff

14. inamski

inamski

Feb 21, 2007
    Toronto
    Like to share a very helpful site, some time we download some files but have no clue is it clean , free from Spyware, Trojans, Viruses, Bots, Mailware etc.......
    some times even installed antivirus or other software itself get infected.....

here is a site link , offers a free service for scanning suspicious files using several antivirus engines.

http://www.virustotal.com/en/indexf.html