Critique Avignon, France

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
Nice shots, it looks like a beautiful place.
Since you posted in the critique forum, I might suggest working on your composition some. Some excellent opportunities for some leading lines shots on these with some people for scale and to tell a story.

Nice shots, it looks like a beautiful place.
Since you posted in the critique forum, I might suggest working on your composition some. Some excellent opportunities for some leading lines shots on these with some people for scale and to tell a story.
Thanks, Chris. The very reason for me posting these is to get critiqued so that my photography can get better. I very much welcome the constructive criticism as I've never been exposed to other photographers. Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "leading lines"?

Real Name
Chris
Thanks, Chris. The very reason for me posting these is to get critiqued so that my photography can get better. I very much welcome the constructive criticism as I've never been exposed to other photographers. Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "leading lines"?
Put simply, a “leading lines” shot is where you use an existing line in the composition to draw the readers eye to the main subject of your photo. An obvious example of this type of shot would be a low profile shot from the middle of railroad tracks and someone standing a distance away on the tracks. The combination of the low profile and the lines form the tracks will naturally lead your viewers eyes through the image to the subject which is your person.

Actually, it's called the Pont D' Saint Benezet. There's a famous French children's song about it.
I know, I can remember only the first two or three lines of it. There is also another child's song about gathering mussels that had the words changed for ruder ones (though still childish !) from what I can remember as a kid !

Seriously though the reason for my comment is that the bridge is very famous for not crossing the entire river span (due to historic reasons) a bridge that stops in the middle of the river. I just think that is quite unusual and is not really conveyed in your images.

It seems as though you've backed off the saturation a bit in post processing compared to your earlier posts. I myself prefer these. Also for critique, numbering your images would help. Well done and welcome to the Cafe' :)

I know, I can remember only the first two or three lines of it. There is also another child's song about gathering mussels that had the words changed for ruder ones (though still childish !) from what I can remember as a kid !

Seriously though the reason for my comment is that the bridge is very famous for not crossing the entire river span (due to historic reasons) a bridge that stops in the middle of the river. I just think that is quite unusual and is not really conveyed in your images.
The song says : Sur le pont d'Avignon , on y danse on y danse , sur le pont d'Avignon on y danse tout en rond …..etc etc

About the mussels song : A la peche aux moules moules , je ne veux plus y aller maman , les gens de la ville m'ont pris mon panier maman ! etc etc

Is it just me , for some reason the vertical comps are appearing sideways or as horizontal images. This happens only with this posters images. This is from my iPad, have not checked if also from my computer?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom