Avoiding NX-D to create NKSC_PARAM directory and files....

JPS

Hi ! Having used for yeeeaaars the old Nikon Capture NX-2, then only Photoshop's ACR, to process my NEF images, I had the curiosity to try the "newish" NX-D ! Definitely not as nice as the old one, but well...
Thing is, I always use Nikon ViewNX 2 and its great TRANSFER utility ! When I drop my CF-card in the card reader, it automatically opens and runs TRANSFER, which automatically creates a new sub-directory in my HD, downloads the files in it and opens Nikon ViewNX 2 !! Just GREAT !
The problem is that now, after having installed CNX-D, it changed the old TRANSFER for a new one, and now, it creates this damn NKSC_PARAM + one file per image :mad: ! I HAIT this and I don't want it !
Is there a way to avoid the software to create these useless directory and files ! ...or is there a way to get the OLD "TRANSFER" and have it running like it used to do ?
Thanks for your tips and suggestions !
Cheers,
J-P.

JPS

Bahhhh.... forget my post above ! I simply deleted the stupid CNX-D and loaded a fresh version of ViewNX 2 ! All is well !
Morality: often times, the old things work much better than the new ones :) !

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom