AVP Crocs Tour Chicago

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Tomerrifc, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Ty !!!!!!!!!!
    You're just killing me !!!
    Can you make it on Saturday with Frank & I ??? I hope so, IF our weather holds out!
    Be great to see you again Buddy!
    Oh... "acceptable shots" too : ~ )

2. Hey Jim, I am planning on being there Saturday and hoping that we get missed by the storm that is projected for Saturday. See you there! Thanks

3. vz223

vz223

Dec 7, 2007
    NJ
    Nice shots Ty. Post more from Saturday.

4. Nice, but I would recommend more practice, preferably at the ladies matches.:wink:

5. Thanks Vince I am hoping to go back tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks Brooks, and I will definitely get some shots of the ladies matches for sure.

6. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Sweet shots here TY, caught some good action, #3 is my fav of the bunch.

7. Ty, I'm hoping it misses us too. Hey, PM sent !

8. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Look forward to Saturday's postings. .. .

These are great Ty.

9. Wow! Nice. I assume you guys will be there on Sunday as well?

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Looking good buddy and I hope we get the opportunity to get more images. Although we need the rain, why does it have to rain during this event?

11. acena

acena

Mar 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    Very nice Ty, but where are the Cuervo girls?

12. acena

acena

Mar 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    I am so jealous. All the top players are back from the Olympic trials. You all will definitely get some real good stuff for your portfolios.
    Enjoy!!!

13. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Nice looking Shots Ty
    Hope the weather holds out for the weekend
    Don't let the retiree fall asleep I want to see some great shots from you all

14. So I'm watching the match and I noticed two photographers during a volley...

2661221425_e9cb0ddc09_o.

Sorry for the poor quality, its a snap shot of the tv. lol

15. Roger T

Roger T Guest

I got to meet the guy on the right last nite. His name is Patrick, lives in Indianapolis, shoots 5 or 6 matches a season. This weekend he is working for Volleychick magazine. He was getting some really nice pictures. He was shooting a D300 with grip, and 70-200 VR, and also a D70s with a 50mm. Really a nice guy, and we hung out and shot 3 or 4 matches, both of us trying to figure out how to shoot from bright sun, into and thur shadows..... it was very challenging to say the least!! Said he would send me some of his nice shots when he gets home Sunday night.

The tv cams are in the main arena, but if you go outside the main event, there are about 10 other courts where the majority of the matches are played. It was really nice to be within 6-8' of the court, right at the net!! The players are also very friendly and more than willing to talk when not playing.

Y'all should go out if you get a chance.

Roger

16. acena

acena

Mar 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    Let's start a 'Cafe AVP Roadies group!

17. LOL............. :biggrin:

18. Guy on the Left.....

Shooter for the Chicago Tribune. Got these from one of the girls!! LOL.
    I didn't ask him how !

p952958021-5.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.